[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just got let go from my job for crying in the staff bathroom.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: kill me.gif (134 KB, 400x379) Image search: [Google]
kill me.gif
134 KB, 400x379
I just got let go from my job for crying in the staff bathroom. I didn't swear at anyone, didn't yell at anyone, just asked to be excused and calm down a bit in the loo. And I got fired for it.

What am I going to do? I really liked the job and thought it was going really well...
>>
>>17285708
That doesn't sound legal.
I'm bretty sure they can't just fire you on the spot like that, not unless you're still in your probation period.
>>
>>17285711
I was a supply teacher for a daycare, and still in probation. I'd been working there for 6 months, and things were going really well, or so the supervisors had told me.

When I asked if I was being let go on bad terms, my boss said no, but that they simply don't need people who can't keep their composure. It's the first time I had cried at work, and it was only for 3 minutes in a bathroom.
>>
>>17285708
Why were you crying?
>>
>what am I going to do?
find a new job obviously
>>
>>17285733
I was scheduled to do an interview for a big contract, but I forgot my resume on the counter at home as I was leaving and so they informed me that I couldn't actually take the interview. I was upset. Literally all I said was, "okay, I understand, and I'm sorry." I started tearing up, asked if I could be excused, and they said yeah sure.
>>
>>17285781
why would anyone want to employ someone that breaks down in the face of something so trivial?
>>
>>17285781
That is really unfortunate, anon. I'm sorry you have to go through that. If they are a well known company, you can always write a review about them citing what your experience has been so that you can alert any new employees what they will be in for if they have your position.
>>
>>17285789
>breaks down
>excused him/herself and went to the bathroom to let out their pent up emotions
did we read the same thing?
>>
Letting you go was cold, but not totally unreasonable.
>>
>>17285789
The issue isn't that I was going to be newly "employed" it's that I was already employed with a clean record, and they fired me from doing substitutions because I excused myself to go cry in the bathroom.
>>
You seem unstable, wouldn't want you working with kids.
>>
What if you're teaching or watching the kids the next time you need to excuse yourself? Do you cry for a few minutes in front of them? Leave them unattended?
>>
>>17285708
Let's imagine that you work as a tightrope walker and one day you say or do something that shows you are prone to nervous shakes. Your boss lets you go because he just can't take the chance of having a nervous tightrope walker around.

Now let's say you work with vulnerable and impressionable children, where being calm and in control is not just a nice quality but absolutely essential, and you show that you are not in control of your emotions.

See the point?
>>
>>17285863
Whenever educators need to excuse themselves, regardless of the reason, they simply request that another educator doing administrative duties come and cover, meaning the children are still attended to. We do it all the time to go to the bathroom.

In my situation, I wasn't even on a shift that day, just going in for an interview for a full-time position. Of course I wouldn't cry in front of a kid/leave them alone.
>>
>>17286666
I see your point, but that's not relevant considering the context of what happened. I would never cry in front of a kid. That's why I excused myself. I repeat, I was let go for crying quietly in a bathroom.
>>
I have a weird feeling the boss did not like you and would have fired you for some other reason.
>>
>>17286675
He could obviously either hear or see that you'd been crying. Red wet eyes don't just disappear, it takes a while. Seek a new job and get help for your crying problem. I know what it's like, I excused myself to go to the bathroom to cry at school not too long ago, but it is a weakness, embarrassment and a flaw. Hide it better at your next job or try to prevent this from happening again.
>>
>>17286731
I'll try harder anon.
>>
>>17286734
Good, you'll be a better employee for it. Sorry you lost your job though. I'll be working on this as well with you, trying to prevent this from happening again.
>>
>>17285708
No one likes a fucking drama show. Control your emotions.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.