[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I visit a psychologist or psychiatrist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
Should I visit a psychologist or psychiatrist? I won't write my whole life experience, but ATM:

1. I definately have depression
2. I definately have OCD
3. I am afraid of people, I get high blood pressure when being in big groups and meeting some certain types of people on the street (social anxiety)
4. I definately have anxiety neurosis
5. I definately have the lowest possible self worth
6. I don't go out AT ALL, since I finished my IT engineer college studies last march I barely got out of my parents' house
7. I have literally ZERO friends. ZERO.
8. I have health problems (physical) that are not connected to any sickness/illness (I had maaaany examinations), mostly pains in stomach, feel of grip in my throat.

So - Should I visit a psychologist or psychiatrist?
>>
>>17284520
Do you want drugs? Psychiatrists are the ones that do that, psychologists do things like cognitive behavioral therapy. Sometimes a mix of both is most effective. You should probably just find one you can go to for an initial evaluation and hear what their opinion is.
>>
>>17284649
I just want to end the suffering.
>>
which of these illnesses do you recommend? i want attention too. social anxiety is probably best because it also gives me excuses...
>>
>>17284654
STFU If you never went through shit in life like I did you don't know a thing. If I wanted attention I would create a fb profile and cry all over my wall with sad ass quotes and pictures. Little cunts like you are probably the ones that make other people's lifes bad and then go full douchebag in threads like this one. I hope you get hit by a car.
>>
>>17284520
go to both

meds don't work on their own, and you won't do what your psychologist advises if you are sunk in depression
>>
>>17284520
Start with psychologist and if that doesn't help, go for psychiatrist.
t. loon
>>
>>17284520
Stop. You certainly have a serious anxiety disorder (probably GAD), which you should certainly go to a psychiatrist for, but forget everything else.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.