[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it when I want to talk about how relationships are today,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: future vision.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
future vision.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
Why is it when I want to talk about how relationships are today, and how worried about how hard it is to find love today: people always reply with: "Why are you worrying about this, you need to go out and live" This has always seemed like a baseless hippy argument. It helps no one and doesnt answer the question. Please I want to counter this. How do I counter this.
>>
>everyone's wrong and I'm right
>still hasn't found love
>>
You counter it by going out and living life
>>
>>17284102
but it doesnt mean anything! im living right now? how can you make the argument with the assumption that im not living? Why is it taboo to be worrying about love?
>>
>>17284097
Sounds like they're just telling you to enjoy your life and focus in yourself. If you focus solely on finding love, you're only going to hurt yourself.

I agree with your point though. Finding love or even a good relationship is a pain in the ass these days because of all the games and bullshit. But instead of worrying about it, just focus on yourself
>>
Well they're right in a way. And I'm a jaded /pol/ type, no hippie bullshit out of me - but if you're living your life right then you should find someone else along a parallel route in life somewhere along the way.
>>
>>17284113
that sounds like a recipe for loneliness - literally everyone who says this has no right to say this because their life is unstable, they havent found love, they have meaningless relationships. and yet they urge me to have the same? these people have no right.
>>
OP here, anyone else? I'll argue how stupid this is to the fucking grave.
>>
>>17284097
Love is there if you are receptive to it

If you keep your guard up, and not let anyone in, you wont feel those emotions. You can love anyone if you want to work at it.

Married people are still in love because they both made that commitment to eachother. They will hate eachother as well, but stick it out and move on.

That bubble gum first new love feeling is great, but so was my first hit of weed; but I wouldn't expect to feel that every time.

Everyone will have something that isn't perfect. So just ask yourself - are you perfect? then your partner wont be either

If you mean find love as to mean find a partner in general - I would disagree, because Match and all the other places wouldn't be in business - just a fact.

That model or bodybuilder is like a unicorn, and shouldn't be the standard. Your love might not look like what you thought, but may be around forever.

I think that two shy people wnd up staying together for way way longer than outgoing people. So if you are shy, I think your chances are great for finding someone the same, who is looking for love just like you - my guess is that they would be online, since it is easier to meet that way

I hope you find what you are looking for :)
>>
File: 342513463564.jpg.jpg (87 KB, 780x652) Image search: [Google]
342513463564.jpg.jpg
87 KB, 780x652
>>17284142
thanks bitch, you gave me the answer i was looking for: "finding love isnt pointless, if it was pointless and didn't work match.com wouldnt be in business." wow you are the golden comment heres a picture of a cute girl
>>
>>17284147
I want to dig my claws into those tiddies like a dragon
>>
>>17284147
Do i get a golden ribbon or something?

Sike ill take the pretty girl haha
>>
File: fakeglasses.jpg (219 KB, 750x561) Image search: [Google]
fakeglasses.jpg
219 KB, 750x561
>>17284149
theyre fake
>>
>>17284155
So what?
>>
File: laughing whores.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
laughing whores.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>17284161
>he likes fake breasts~
>>
File: 1465966417085.gif (1021 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1465966417085.gif
1021 KB, 500x281
>>17284172
>he doesn't like cow tits

LOW TEST
O
W
T
E
S
T
>>
>>17284203
Fake breasts aren't cow tits
>>
>>17284229
They're not fake they're augmented you sexist piece of misogynistic shit
>>
>This has always seemed like a baseless hippy argument.

it's not an argument, it's a polite way of saying "no one wants to hear your incessant whining about being a loveless virgin, stop it."
>>
>>17284243
this is more of a real answer than anyone has ever given me. this actually satisfies me.
>>
OP, I gave up on finding a relationship. Just got on with life, did the usual, etc. Then out of nowhere I met someone amazing, and it completely knocked me on my ass. I am still with her now, 8 years later.

The big thing here is that I had stopped actively looking for love. I was just doing the day to day stuff that I needed to do, rather than obsessing over it, and then I found it purely by chance.

This is what people mean when they say live life. Because if you aren't out there living because you are off somewhere sulking or brooding, you might miss a chance.
>>
>>17284097
They're brushing it off. It's a complicated, difficult topic, and most people avoid complicated, difficult topics.

Why do you think nobody talks about politics, religion, philosophy, or theoretical physics?
Love is a similarly difficult topic.

Or this >>17284243.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.