[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tough decision
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.gif (2 MB, 388x218) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 388x218
Hey dudes I currently have a job where I make 23 dollars an hour, have a 401k, healthcare, and dental but I also got accepted into a state college what should I do I'm only 20 but my job doesn't have much room for me to grow
>>
>>17282387
I've currently made a massive life decision by thinking about myself on my death bed. will you regret it? life is for taking risks that what im doing
>>
>>17282394
I think I will regret never going to college if I don't because there's a lot to experience
>>
>>17282387
Do you enjoy your current job? Could you see yourself doing it for 30 years? Does it give you experience or skills that you could transfer to a different job later?
>>
>>17282399
I work a labeled machine it's very boring, not fulfilling, and idk I don't want to do it for the rest of my life but I can because it could be a lot worse
>>
if you don't hate your job just keep doing that unless it's something a robot can do
>>
>>17282398
college costs a fortune and takes years. there are a lot of things one can experience with years and a fortune to burn.
>>
>>17282408
But I can make it back with a proper job I feel like 23 isn't much
>>
>>17282387
If you really know what degree you want to obtain and how it might help you later, why not take college part-time/weekend courses? Some colleges now will work around your schedule or offer online courses that can go towards a degree. Talk to a counselor there! GL!
>>
>>17282387
Holy shit dude I have a STEM degree from a fairly prestigious college and I can't even find a job that pays that much with benefits.

Go to college if you want to learn something, but don't just do it because you feel like you should.
>>
>>17282429
>I feel like 23 isn't much
you feel wrong
>>
>>17282715
Thiiiiiis
You've probably been told that you have to go to college to make something of yourself, but you were told wrong. For your parents' generation, it was somewhat true, but today it isn't. Trades are where it's at today. If there's nothing specific you want to study, but you want more career options, go to trade school.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.