[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 25 years old. i've spent pretty much my whole life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Ninamori.Eri.full.1196440.jpg (38 KB, 800x566) Image search: [Google]
Ninamori.Eri.full.1196440.jpg
38 KB, 800x566
I'm 25 years old. i've spent pretty much my whole life putting in the minimum effort possible. I've only worked part time jobs, my grades have always been Bs and Cs not because they were hard, but because they were more work than I wanted to put in. I don't think I even know how to spend a day of my life where I don't use half my waking hours goofing off, I have no good work habits.

The thing is, I want to "get serious" now, really work at trying to go back to school and get a good degree, be the best employee at my part time job, that kind of stuff. Money isn't an issue... for now, but I know that people don't change easily. I don't have the habits, i want to work hard, but I don't know HOW.

Any tips?
>>
>>17280708
I don't know but I feel you. Every time I try to do good I fail and cry and the process repeats.
>>
Go software engineer

Sit on your ass all day and type. $60k starting. Good shit.
>>
The only way you will convince yourself you really want to change is to take small steps that you are comfortable with, telling yourself you'll do something is the start but acting on thoughts is the key to growing. If you want to work hard just put more effort in than you did the day before and don't let yourself focus on small negatives that may affect you because the key to growth over time is to live day by day
>>
Having something to motivate you helps a lot. What do you want in life? For me it was "I want to work hard because I want to get a promotion so it looks good on my resume so I can get my dream job when I finish school so that I can support my husband so he can watch the future kids in the future house I'll be able to buy us". If I didn't give a shit about my future and blw my future situation will affect others, I probably would have been lazy too.
>>
>>17280720
Is it easy to find an opening
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.