[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one fake confidence?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1466108020880.jpg (20 KB, 605x328) Image search: [Google]
1466108020880.jpg
20 KB, 605x328
How does one fake confidence?
>>
You don't, that's like asking how do you fake lift a lot of weight. As soon as you have to use it you will crumble.
>>
>>17280248
Confidence comes when you dont give a shit what other people think

If you are confident in your thoughts and feelings, and someone else tries to clown you, diffuse it; say " i guess you and me are different" and bring up a new unrelated topic
>>
>>17280253
then explain the whole "fake it till you make it"
>>
>>17280264
Ok. But what is the difference between confidence and arrogance?
>>
>>17280281
Not being humble. Like if you make an artwork, you might be confident that it's a reasonably good work and therefore may show it to other people, maybe even ask for opinions. Arogance would be to act like it's the best thing since sliced bread, you might demand that people like it and if they don't you might talk down to them.
>>
>>17280281
Arrogance has a "dick" condescending tone to your words. Confidence is not worrying about saying something because it might not be "cool" to the group; just diffuse any smart-alec response and switch the subject. If there is a "too cool" person in the room they will back off when they're shit isn't working.

It's hard to answer since "confidence" is specific to the situation you are in - Work, Women, Sports, Social Interaction, etc.
>>
>>17280342
Explain the confidence regarding women.
>>
>>17280279

It's bullshit, there's your explanation.
>>
>>17280281

Being awesome versus talking about how awesome you are.
>>
>>17280378
Well for me, when I was always worried about "impressing" her, I was not being myself, and it showed, and I looked like a chump.

When I started "taking control" like saying "Lets do this" instead of " Do you want to go here", it somehow made things work better for me.

Maybe its the "Man/Woman" dynamic that is in play here; like a man who in certain situations "takes the lead", That comes off as confidence.

If you think you are being a chump, you probably are.

Eye contact is important in confidence with women. If you keep looking away, or at the ground, that will make you lose every time. ALWAYS look her in the eyes, and don't look away until she answers.

You will never lose with compliments - "You look very pretty" sound so lame, but is always a winner. Compliment their outfits, or hair, or fingernails - anything that they spend their time on, again all winners.

I have found that even if you aren't the hottest dude, having these few traits in your pocket will work pretty well.

Find a shy/bashful woman, and you can sweep her off her feet, and she will most likely love you forever, if that is what you are looking for.

Again, take the lead, eye contact, compliments, and that should get you started.

Don't be afraid of rejection, so what if she says no; half the planet are women - trust me they are everywhere; thousands on dating sites just dying for a man to pay attention to them. Don't worry about getting boo boo's on your feelings
>>
>>17280248
Alcohol.

That's it. Other than that, you can't fake it.
>>
>>17280450
How about this scenario? I want someone, it could be a girl, to go do something for me, for example. I tell them, "Get me X please." and they reply with "Excuse me? Do it yourself." Or something to that effect. Is this me being not confident enough or?
>>
>>17280510
Maybe start by "asking" them, not telling them; they aren't an animal. "could you get this for me please" is totally acceptable. If you are asking that way, and you get "excuse me, get it yourself", then its not you, its them that is the problem, or maybe they are having a bad day. People in a relationship generally shouldn't respond like that all of the time.

I don't see the relation to confidence in that question, just manners and politeness.
>>
>>17280530
Alright I get the gist. So basically confidence, to sum up what you and others have said, is doing your own thing with little to no regard to the opinions of others?
>>
You know that thought that you have that goes "hey anon, you might now want to do that"? Unless it's a matter of breaking your morals, ignore it. Like the thought "man, I really shouldn't kill this guy right now" - that's one you should listen to. The one that goes "man, I really shouldn't talk to that girl, she's probably busy or wouldn't want me anyway", that's the type you should ignore.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.