[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have been a real jerk to all my friends but they invited me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 960x781) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 960x781
I have been a real jerk to all my friends but they invited me to the midsummer cookout anyway

What can I bring to the grill to let them all know I'm honest-to-goodness sorry? Nobody but me drinks and the host is a supernaturally picky eater.
>>
File: 57058b4b1e0000b30070665f.png (190 KB, 630x452) Image search: [Google]
57058b4b1e0000b30070665f.png
190 KB, 630x452
>>17278147
Steaks

Salmon
>>
>>17278155
So high-end meat?

What about the vegetarian? I didn't piss her off personally but considering her background it's understandable she's insulted easily.

What's the veggie equalent to high-end animal products?
>>
>>17278147
What is the host's preference if they are such a picky eater?
>>
Bring a cake that has "I'm sorry for being a jerk" written in icing.
>>
Bringing anything but meat or corn to a Finnish grill party sounds autistic.

Only you drink? Wtf?

.. Idk what to say weirdooooo
>>
>>17278169
I have no fucking clue. So far I have empirical proof that she consumes some brands of diet coke (by trial and error I have discovered that regular won't do), some sweets, some pre-cooked meals and fast food options of a few, selected brands.

She is asthmatic and allergic to pollen, most nuts and probably everything that it's physically possible to be allergic to.

90% of the time when I try to bring something new to the table, the reaction is roughly "aww, I don't eat that".

We've known each other for seven years and I'm still not entirely sure what she eats.
>>
>>17278182
Maybe just come out and ask someone who knows. That is assuming that person exists.
>>
>>17278184
Her sister, maybe, but she is an animate salt pillar.

Not to blame absolutely everyone else for our falling-out, but some people are simply easy to become cross with.
>>
How about you bring something that isn't food? It can be a group gift like treating them to an activity they enjoy. You can literally say that you recognize you acted a little like a jerk and that you wanted to do a little something for the group.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.