[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>>Turning 23 >>lives in rural country town in Massachusetts/east
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: CH_4-daUwAAMzir.jpg (55 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
CH_4-daUwAAMzir.jpg
55 KB, 600x800
>>Turning 23
>>lives in rural country town in Massachusetts/east coast
>>NEET**, never even attempted college
>> **Recently got a job as a cashier at a theme park, orientation starting soon
>>no savings
>> depressed, little life experience

I want to move to California, and pursue a career in production art for film, theatre, etc. Costume designing and so forth. Sculpting, practical FX.
I've been working on these skills for the last 3 years or so, making money here and there, selling my work.

How easy is it to get a shitty job in So-cal with next to no experience? I want to make 2K minimum per month, as a goal. I would be sharing an apartment with friends I know there.
>>
>>17277141
Do you speak Spanish?
>>
Do you WANT to be homeless or something?

By the way, moving to California isn't going to make you any less depressed.
>>
What the fuck is in that picture?
>>
>>17277156
nope, sadly.
>>
File: tcitw-werewolf-02.jpg (46 KB, 480x644) Image search: [Google]
tcitw-werewolf-02.jpg
46 KB, 480x644
>>17277157
Is So-cal really that bad? And, true. But it's either there or I rot here and succumb to this.

>>17277445
It's the mock-up for the Cabin In The Woods Werewolf suit
>>
>>17277141
>rural country town
>Massachusetts
I'll take it that you live in central or west Mass, don't you?
>>
>>17277889
Close, a northern section of MA. I like it, but, I feel trapped here by my own laziness and self sabotage/depression I don't have really any friends here, save for two in neighboring towns in the state
>>
>>17277894
Ah, I see. I myself in Northeast, in the Merrimack Valley.
>>
File: 1465153502879.jpg (64 KB, 800x446) Image search: [Google]
1465153502879.jpg
64 KB, 800x446
>>17277900
Nice! Same, actually. I totally love practically-New-Hampshire county
>>
>>17277904
Eh, I wouldn't say practically New Hampshire. Don't get me wrong, New Hampshire isn't bad, but I prefer Massachusetts. I've always felt like NH is way too in New England to have that southern country attitude. Perhaps I'd have a different view if I didn't like 5 minutes from the border.
>>
>>17277141
simply moving there will not help much. do you have an online portfolio? why not try to acquire some work there and then move there?

but if you don't like it where you live and have the chance to live somewhere new with friends why not? I mean it doesn't look like you'd lose much if you just moved to cali.
>>
>>17277141
>>17277882
Those are the Dog Soldiers werewolves? I always wondered how they did it
>>
>>17277908
True! There is a definite atmosphere and culture to either MA or NH, for better or for worse. My opinions, at this rate, are jaded, on the matter, so I won't have too great of a take.

>>17277909
I worry the studios/people there would not take me seriously? But that may be more of my sabotage/self doubt speaking than anything. I mean, I do have experience working at a shop here in my area, doing exactly the type of stuff I wish to do for a career, even if a temporary two month gig, but, it's something. That aside from my own work, which I've yet to assemble into a presentable portfolio

Also, true. I know friends would love to have me. It would be fun to live with any of them. Being independant is something I worry I will never achieve, let alone, uphold my end of rent/etc.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.