[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cultivating a Signature Scent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 311x162) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 311x162
So in my daily life I want to cultivate in my work place a signature scent. A scent that is distinctly my own. Something not strong enough so that is the first thing people notice about me, more background noise. A coherent scent presentation for those who meet me. In this I have decided on a scent I believe is neutral leaning pleasant, and relatively masculine/feminine neutral. I have decided on citrus.

In this pursuit I plan to replace my current products with the following for my daily regiments:
>Citrus Shampoo/Body Wash/Conditioner
>Citrus Toothpaste
>Citrus Mouth Wash
>Citrus Floss
>Citrus Deodorant
>Citrus Scented Hair Gel
>Citrus Scented Shaving Gel
>Citrus Body Lotion
>Citrus Cologne
>Citrus Laundry Detergent

Using these together I plan on a diverse citrus line up so as to provide a generic scent. Between these the scents will mainly be Orange, Grapefruit, and Lemon.

At my desk I plan on getting rid of my old breath mints and instead going with a citrus one.

What I am asking are suggestions on brands, and on if I should do a scent profile overhaul every so often. I plan on going like this:
Citrus -> Spice -> Mint -> "Fresh" and do it by season.

Thoughts? Is this too autistic?
>>
No, people actually pay perfumers to develop scents for them.
>>
The only question is will it work as hoped?
>>
File: image.gif (3 MB, 283x204) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3 MB, 283x204
>>17276857
>Is this too autistic?
>>
>>17276864
Good. I am doing this at the same time I am doing both a health and wardrobe overhaul. I am trying to present a "new" me as I enter a new job.
>>
>>17276857
what the fuck are you doing, idiot, stop it

seriously stop it
>>
>>17276857
Calm down Mr.Clean.
You're a control freak.
Most people don't give half a fuck what you smell like so long as you don't stink.
>>
>>17276872
The question is, is it better to do so or not? What is to be lost by having a unified scent profile. Similar to a wardrobe scheme across a wardrobe.
>>
>>17276888
Seriously, perfumery is an art form which requires years of training. Your scheme may not work.
>>
>>17276882
>>17276884
Why thought? Even if most people do not care on a conscious level they still notice on some level. Autism it may be, but it is effective autism.
>>
>>17276899
I will simply have to consult actual experts then. I have an aunt who has worked in that industry for longer than I have been alive. She's an old bat of a woman, but I know she has a masters in chemistry and did development for a long time before retiring.
>>
>>17276900
I don't know what your goals are with this little scheme but I can promise you, absolutely promise you, that your time would be better spent on literally anything else

if you want to present a "new you", then start by working on not being the kind of person to write shit like
>in my daily live I want to cultivate a signature scent
>a coherent scent presentation for those who meet me
>I plan on a diverse citrus line up
>should I do a scent profile overhaul every so often

I cannot in good conscience let you leave this thread until you no longer think shit like "having a coherent scent presentation" is cool
>>
>>17276933
>I cannot in good conscience let you leave this thread until you no longer think shit like "having a coherent scent presentation" is cool
I never thought it was cool. I think it is necessary. People pay hundreds of dollars for this shit, I am trying to do something similar and low key on a budget.
>>
>>17276951
Just wear deodorant like the rest of us and move on with your life.
>>
File: follow your dreams.gif (878 KB, 301x240) Image search: [Google]
follow your dreams.gif
878 KB, 301x240
I support you bro, go for it!

I don't agree on the changing it though seasons though. Just go for citrus and only change it if you hate the smell or get tired of it. It's a good idea actually, maybe I should look into it aswell.
The world needs better dressed, more fit, and better smelling people.

Oh, and a tip I use in my daily life. When you use lemons save the peels, cut them into pieces, put them in a little container, and use those to chew throughout the day. They will give you a fresh breath of lemon and are healthy for you.

If you are thinking:
>but they are bitter and disgusting, baww
then stop being a fat shit, not everything revolves around eating sugary things.
>>
OP, you got full on aspergers. Just the citrus shampoo should do the trick. Anymore and you'll just smell like industrial cleaning product.
>>
This thread is the most autistic thing I've seen ever omfg
>>
>>17276857
I make sure to buy the same scent of deodorant and body wash.

Never got quite this involved, though.
Props.
>>
>>17276857
Honestly, though, you'd be better off just doing mint for the mouth, since it's a staple, geting neutral smelling soap and deodorant and then dropping a hundred bucks or so on a quality cologne.
>>
since its sorta relevant and I don't wanna make a new thread:

How do you actually choose a scent? Most packages don't have a scratch n sniff thing, like if they're all locked up in a store. And I know perfumes are smells which are primal things. And certain smells can easily be tied to emotions/feelings/events.

So how can I choose a perfume that reminds me of summer or autumn? Or maybe a campfire/wood burning smell.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.