[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /adv/. Today I came home and found a note on my apartment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1338657644308.jpg (205 KB, 913x720) Image search: [Google]
1338657644308.jpg
205 KB, 913x720
Hi /adv/.

Today I came home and found a note on my apartment door informing me that I was two months late on rent. It was handwritten by my landlord. The shit of it is that I know that I'm not - I even physically handed my landlord my last check and have obsessively made sure every check I write him has been cashed.

I went to talk to him today, but there was a note on the door with a phone number to call for emergencies. So I didn't contact him (figuring something must have come up, I didn't want to ring him if say, his mom was in the hospital or something) but now I'm stressing that I'm going to come home tomorrow to find my stuff gone or sold off or something.

I printed out the copies of the past two months rent checks from my bank, and both have his little stamp from the apartment complex. I plan on talking to him immediately after work tomorrow, and maybe calling during my break at 9AM to let him know I am not negligent on my rent.

Am I going about this the right way? I feel so blindsided by this, nothing was ever mentioned or said to me when I talked to him face to face, and the checks are being cashed, so if that money isn't going towards MY rent, I'd really like to know what the hell is happening with it.

Has anybody ever had this happen before? I'm really freaking out about it.
>>
>>17276521
he's only human, maybe he put the notice on the wrong door or perhaps he has someone living with him that stole the checks.
>>
>>17276547
Well the notice wasn't on the wrong door. My apartment number is very clearly written on it.

I'm just worried because I know when a tenant gets evicted or moves out, if anything is left in the apartment, he sells it and gives it to other tenants. I've only lived here since February, and have never had any other apartment. The thought of coming home to him going through my stuff or getting rid of it terrifies me.

I didn't get an eviction notice or anything, but I'm not sure if he could be like "oh well, anon hasn't paid me and I put a notice up on their door yesterday, so...time to kick them out!"

I know I'm probably over-thinking it, but still.
>>
>>17276567
>I know when a tenant gets evicted or moves out, if anything is left in the apartment, he sells it and gives it to other tenants.
This is completely illegal, unless we're talking about the tenant just abandoning his belongings and not attempting to retrieve them within a certain period of time.
>>
>>17276579
Well I think he does wait until the allotted time has passed. But it's nerve-wraking, you know?
>>
>paying by check
Do people still use checks in this day and age?
>>
>>17276640
Not OP but my apartment complex only accepts checks for rent, as do most other places I know of
>>
>>17276567
Dear OP.

Landlord can evict you. You have tracked proof that you paid your rent.

Are you on a fixed lease or month to month? What are the terms of your leawe agreement?

Legally, you can't be evicted until you're served with legal papers. After papers are served properly, you have 30 days in which to respond. Landlord legally cannot bar you from entering or exiting your domicile. Can't chamge the locks. Can't tamper with utilities either
>>
>>17276891
Typo can't evict
>>
>>17276640
Kek
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.