[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Never had a job before and i need help writing a CV Never done
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1044395-emperorpalpatine.jpg (68 KB, 494x358) Image search: [Google]
1044395-emperorpalpatine.jpg
68 KB, 494x358
Never had a job before and i need help writing a CV

Never done it before so i need some help/suggestions of what needs to be added.
>>
>>17275507
if you've never had a job before and have no body of work, you have no CV(a CV is a specific thing).

Do you have ANY experience or volunteer work or classes or ANYTHING that could go on something like a skills focused resume? If so look up skills focused resumes and model yours after one of those.
>>
There's millions (probably literally) of guides online that you should read. Find a template online somewhere after doing some research and follow it. Hard to tell you as everyone will probably have conflicting bits of advice due to differing opinions.

Basically, from top to bottom (based on my CV):

>Name
>Contact details (phone, email, LinkedIn, personal blog)
>Mission statement (spiel about why I'm awesome, my career goals, what I know/can do - limited to 2 paragraphs)
>Key skills, e.g. programming languages known, types of vehicles you know how to operate, machines you're qualified to run, etc.
>Education
>Chronological work history, most recent on top - Organisation worked for, job title and start date to finish date
>Each job discusses responsibilities and achievements
>Notable projects worked on or things created. Anything big you can brag about.
>References

That's how mine goes.
>>
>>17275531
I have zero work experience, will this affect me?
>>
>>17275507
>Never had a job before and i need help writing a CV
Fortunately for you, I work in recruitment and can help.

Your name and contact details are desirable, no nicknames that aren't your name (I've had a CV where someone called himself "Knuckles"), also make sure you have a suitable email address as [email protected] won't get you anywhere, avoid home phone numbers if you can, if a business wants to call you, they don't want to talk to your mum and ask her to get you to call back.

Add a personal statement, if you can prove it with previous experience, call yourself responsible/hard working/patient/punctual/reliable/friendly/quick learner.
Also add to the bottom of the personal statement if you have a full driving license or any first aid qualifications.
Add a skills section, this can include anything you have experience working with like office software, customer service and job specific skills.

Employment and education history is a must, if you did 3 months in a charity shop, add that, describe the role or list your duties.
If you studied anywhere, add what you studied and list your grades assuming you didn't fail.

Add your interests below that, vidya and wanking isn't an interest, lie about things you can get away with, an interviewer doesn't have to doubt that you can swim or read books in your spare time, saying that you do rock climbing will raise red flags when they ask you where you do it and you go "ummmm a place?".

If you have any work or character references, mention that they are available upon request

Your CV shouldn't be any longer than 2 pages even if you have 10 years work experience, sections should be short and sweet, you should be able to fit your CV onto a page and a half.
>>
>>17275585
>I have zero work experience, will this affect me?
Only if you are over 23.
>>
>>17275585
just apply for jobs that don't ask for resumes, like retail and stuff?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.