[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overcoming depression within a month, without therapy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: help.jpg (30 KB, 652x434) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
30 KB, 652x434
I have been going through this phase of depression for well over a year now, and I fear it'll affect me academically on the last year of highschool; starting in August. The biggest problem is that only a total of like 40 days till I'm back in school and can't afford therapy at all.

I reckon the top reason is isolating my self from society for way too long. But how do I get back at it?
>>
>>17275215
Ways to treat garden variety depression without medication or therapy, that you won't use:
>exercise, the more intense the better
>meditation, mindful meditation is fine
>socializing, preferably meeting new people
>doing something new/learn new things, too many benefits to list
>>
>>17275224
>exercise
I've been going to the gym for the last 4 days in a row now and 2 weeks of home exercise at home prior.
>>
>>17275215
Find some better fiends.
>>
>>17275242
Workout harder then. And do that other stuff too, especially the socializing bit. That seems to be your big downfall
>>
>>17275242
its a good start but it takes time. keep working out, its a great habit to have for both confidence and health. i stopped after my ex broke up with me, didnt hit the gym for almost 6 months. while i understand my previous self, i wish i'd have known to go back to the gym sooner
>>
>>17275262
>>17275330
Okay working harder prolongs the lifespan of a bright road, but I fear I might hurt myself from arthritis.
Are there any good sources to deal with it aside from the gym? I'm thinking yoga.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.