[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was at a festival this weekend. During the last band on saturday
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Sad Sponge.gif (42 KB, 296x200) Image search: [Google]
Sad Sponge.gif
42 KB, 296x200
I was at a festival this weekend. During the last band on saturday night I had a panic attack. Severe death anxiety.

I don't really believe in an afterlife and the idea that my very being, concienceness and all will just end at one point made me feel such dread it's hard to describe.

Always kinda feared death, but never like this. Ever since that panic attack it's been haunting me. How the hell do you deal with this shit? I wanna live my short life without being petrified of it's inevitable end.
>>
Had there before mate, best way is to just not think about it. Go have fun, enjoy life, always be doing something. I mean, we all know things will eventually end, right? A good movie will stop after its credits, a delicious meal won't last long til its gulped down. Life is just the same. Enjoy it while you can.
>>
>>17274992
Used to do this. Used to also think: If there's an afterlife then good, if not then I won't even realise since I'm gone. It helped me accept death, but recently it just stopped working for me.

Ignoring it won't do anymore.
>>
>>17274979
Stop doing drugs.
>>
>>17275046
I don't do drugs
>>
bamp
>>
>>17274979
What triggered you?

Did you see a black guy kissing a white girl?
>>
>>17275349
Nothing as far as I know. It just happened outta nowhere.
>>
>>17274979
Hellfest ?
>>
>>17275396
Almost anon, Graspop
>>
>>17275400
Nice too
I can't really help, I hope that you'll get better and overcome this fear. Totally rational by the way
>>
>>17274979
Did you do drugs?
>>
>>17275419
Nope, unless you count a shit ton of beer
>>
I started having panic attacks after an incident similar to yours OP.

From my experience? It will just take time really. I don't get that intense fear of death often anymore, but I did several times a week for a year or so. You become kinda used to it and you learn to rationalize that its all in your head and you're not dying.

I also got a xanax prescription more recently, and it works pretty well in emergencies. So you could talk to your doctor about that if its really bad.
>>
>>17275448
Thanks for sharing. Visiting the doctor is actually a good idea. I might if this shit doesn't get less soon.
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 512x1211) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 512x1211
Get on some psych meds
I had anxiety issues post army and the pills help
Wife panic attacks and she got some meds and is great too
A lot of people don't like pills or say they are a crutch or that all problems can be solved naturally
I don't disagree with those statements at all
I just legally have to take mine or else jail
And wife is preggo and don't want stress to cause miscarriage
And her meds are preggo safe for anyone's info trust me that was a rough search for fetal safe pills
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.