[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pissing on my chips.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 20150328_123850.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20150328_123850.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
Hey /adv/.

I recently got offered a job at a garden, lets call it Plugs.. but there was another job I was after, at a different garden, which we will call sinks.

I had the interview at sinks. Which went well.
However the head gardener at plugs has started to get everything all set up and organised for my arrival. He called me and said he had my e-mail set up and had me on the system at plugs and was looking forward to having me there.

If i get the job offered to me at sinks, then I will take that one.
So I called him back and explained that there is a job elsewhere which i have applied for, and if it's offered to me I will have to consider it, due to it being more in my financial range to live near it.

He said that he thinks i'd be better off at plugs, and that he is actually looking forward to me working there. He said to just keep him updated on how it goes.
The reason i told him was because I didn't want to waste his time if I was going elsewhere. Which I also explained.

I'm honest to a fault.

Have I just fucked myself over again?
I reckon he is going to call up and say not to bother coming into plugs.

I should have kept it too myself, but when someone like that bends over backwards, and offers support for moving up to the garden for me. I feel that out of respect, he should know that there is a chance i will take another job.

Just tell me i'm a fucking idiot please.
>>
You fucked up, everything is ruined now. This was really stupid, you just sabotaged yourself. I can't believe what I just read.
>>
People are generally understanding about things like this. You didn't fuck yourself unless you did it in an emotional way.
It's good to be honest with him that you're waiting on another position. I would not necessarily have said that I didn't want to waste his time overtly.

What's important is that you're polite, professional and you keep him in the loop.
>>
>putting this much thought into a job that is literally watering plants all day

Go back to college, my man.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.