[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fear of death
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 632x464) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 632x464
I fear death

Pretty much I can become a fire fighter in nyc when i turn 21. I come from firefighter family with a known name. Because of one of my relatives i could get into a fire house that's in trendy, parttish area, where they are treated as heroic celebrities. They even have groupies.

I wanna do it but, im scared of death. I also want to be an artist so its a great gig. I pretty much have a garunteed income for rest of life if i do it.

No one has died in my family but who can forget 9/11. Whole companies were wiped out.

What should i do?
>>
>>17273815
if you fall, do a flip

srs tho everyone's afraid of death
anyone with half a brain, that is
all that "courage" bullcrap is just, well, bullcrap
people that say they're not scared of death just don't realise that they CAN die
they think they're invincible
so yeah, don't become a firefighter
>>
>>17273815
Read some epicurus, broseph.
http://classics.mit.edu/Epicurus/menoec.html

"Accustom yourself to believe that death is nothing to us, for good and evil imply awareness, and death is the privation of all awareness; therefore a right understanding that death is nothing to us makes the mortality of life enjoyable, not by adding to life an unlimited time, but by taking away the yearning after immortality."
>>
Pursue a different career. Firefighting is not for you.
>>
>>17273815
Well, you may learn along the way that you're braver than you realize but first you should learn as much about the job as you can and, if you really believe that you will not work out as a firefighter, then don't become one--to do otherwise would make you a liability to your fellow firefighters and those that needed your help. Firefighting does take a certain fearlessness of danger, and even a bit of being an adrenaline junkie desu--I have family who're firefighters. Dig deeper and see if you really want to do this! GL!!
>>
>>17273815
Dude, you're gonna die tomorrow!

Enjoy your last day on Earth.
>>
>>17273815
you have a greater chance of getting killed walking down a bad street than you do while doing your job as a firefighter.
>>
eternal absence
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.