[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Feel like a doormat with gf
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: p_doormat_i-am-not_1514745i.jpg (49 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
p_doormat_i-am-not_1514745i.jpg
49 KB, 620x388
Lots of shit have happened, been together for like a year.
But I just realized, at this point, that when we go out to a date or someting she's the one talking.

I'm just there, listening, for hours. If I try to talk she suddenly shuts me up with something of hers. I feel bad to be honest.I feel like a doormat.

Invited her to a theatre play and I bought the tickets, she said yes. A week later she told me that her best friend (femlae) also invited her (after I invited her) and that she:

>Didn't knew how to tell her friend that I invited her first, so she accepted

Had to return the tickets and buy another ones for the same day (different hour). I planned to go to dinner and that shit, everything got ruined.

Do you have any way or tip to fix this? The ticket shit is a pretty big red flag to me. I think that now I see her priorities, and i'm not one of them.
>>
Did you told her about this?
>>
>>17273299
She won't let me have the chance to say it!
>>
>>17273088
i was a doormat to my ex as well
i say dump her and get with me bc u sound like a sweet qt

but on a serious note that shit is wack, either confront her about it or end it all together. if she tries stepping on your toes when you confront her she is mega manipulative and you need to get away.
>>
>>17273088
>I think that now I see her priorities, and i'm not one of them.
Yes.
Do we have a way to fix this? Yes, leave the relationship. That is some disrespectful shit. And I've seen some disrespectful shit. She has no respect for you whatsoever.
>>
>>17273329
Oh yeah let's make some salsa with spaghetti while we explode the kitchen in a romantic style.

I'll confront her. I think she's a manipulative person. Thanks for the advice
>>
>>17273333
Thanks, I think that's also disrepectful.
I think that I also can share the blame, when she told me that I said "well, it's ok if you want to go with your friend" because I think I can't force anyone to have interest/love in me. I prefer an honest interest than a forced one.

But that really felt bad. She waited 3 days to tell me because she "didn't knew how to explain to me". Felt like a kick in the balls. A complete week, already spent the money on the tickets, just a friend appears and magically she forgets that or "doesn't know how to explain that I invited first". That sucks.
>>
>>17273346
>Share the blame
Your reaction to her disrespect in no way validates the disrespect she already showed you.

But yes, that was a terrible thing for you to say (not terrible to her, terrible to yourself).
>>
>>17273336
Also besides the ticket thing have you noticed her trying to avoid buying you anything or altogether just expecting you to pay for everything? That happened with my ex SO. It was shitty and whenever his friends were around he'd basically let doors close in my face. Don't put up with that shit any longer. You'll find a qt gf who will treat you right.
>>
For the ticket thing, find a female friend and give her the extra ticket and go together. Show that you're not gonna takes any of gf's bullshit. If she complains, say you didn't know how to tell her you invited a friend along. Turn that shit back on her and let her know how that feels then dump that bitch. And grow a spine for the next girl.
>>
>>17273358
She fights to split the bill and that shit. I use to pay because I like to when I ask her on a date. If i'm the one asking out I pay.

But yeah, kinda. She just gave me a video that she made with photos for my birthday and apologized with "I hope someday I will give you what you really deserve". But I don't care about material stuff.

Besides that yeah, she's very "tough" with me when her friends are around. It sucks. Once, in a shopping mall we were with friends, I just stopped following her (and she was "going with me) and she realized that I wasn't there 4 minutes later. She kept walking with her friend. It sucks.

I want to stop being a doormat. It sucks and I never treated her bad.
>>
>>17273369
Already went with her.
Yeah, stupid af. She went first with her friend and then with me. What a lovely situation. But at least now I see that i'm a little bit retarded for this. I need to be more hard, less "emotional and lovely". Being like that makes people treat you like a doormat. And i'm going to tell her that I really felt bad about it. I feel that she's going to just ignore the situation. Let's see how it goes.
>>
>>17273352
Why is it terrible for me?
>>
>>17273088
Tell her to fuck off because you're never going to reverse the way she thinks of you anymore, and no one deserves to be treated that way.
>>
>>17273329
Confronted her about it and she apologized, said she didn't knew what to do. She will be gone in a month because she's a volunteer, and her service will last a year so she's going out with friends and all that stuff while she can. So she asked me to get in her place and understand that she couldn't tell her friend to go away. And also that

>She didn't understand why I got angry/sad

I got sad because she said yes to her friend without asking me before or witout telling her that I dated her first. But meh, shit happens.
>>
>>17274456
Because it isn't ok.
She went with her friend instead of you after she knew that you had bought the tickets, which is a shitty thing to do, and you excused it. That communicates to her that you have no self-esteem and don't really think that you deserve to be treated better. THAT'S why it was terrible to yourself to respond like that.
>>17273435
> I need to be more hard, less "emotional and lovely". Being like that makes people treat you like a doormat.
Wrong, no, stop, you're going the wrong way!
Your problem is that you aren't willing to stand up for yourself. That has nothing - NOTHING whatsoever to do with being emotional and lovely. You can be emotional and affectionate and still not put up with bullshit like that. They are two totally unrelated things. Being emotional is GOOD, it's an important part of being human, and trying to suppress it will only make you unhappy.
>>
>>17274470
>She will be gone in a month because she's a volunteer, and her service will last a year
So... the relationship is ending, right? The two of you are breaking up?
Please, please don't tell us that you're going to wait for a fucking year without seeing anyone else so that you can go back to being a doormat to this woman.
>>
>>17274486
Because when I stood up in previous situations she ended being angry. But this is manipulation. She just apologized and said she didn't knew what to do, that I should get in her shoes and understand that she decided that because her friend just asked her with tickets in hand and because she will be gone in a month. I just want respect, maybe someone that really gives me my place, and I don't know if this girl is doing that because I can be so blinded by love.
>>
>But I just realized, at this point, that when we go out to a date or someting she's the one talking.

Thats all I really need to know to tell whats going on here...

Here's the thing, it's very rare that a girl WANTS to be the "leader" in a relationship, so if they somehow become that it's likely cause you've allowed it, you're not projecting dominant or assertive energy in your relationsgip. And this goes for all relationships, not just bf/gf, the only way people can walk all over you is if you allowed them to feel above you to begin with

If you want to try and fix your relationship you need to start not giving a damn and just being the more assertive person...however this isnt guaranteed to work since sometimes once the pecking order is established it can be impossible to change, sometimes the more dominant person will forever have a lack of respect for the person they already have become dominant to, but you never know and if you think your relationship is worth saving and you cannot be happy with the established power structure it would be worth trying

If youre just sick of the relationship straight up then just end it and take action to use a different strategy with the next one
>>
>>17274492
Yes, we're breaking up. I'm not going to stick myself to someone like that. She can fall in love with some dude again, or I can fall in love too.
>>
>>17274504
Didn't you post this a week or two ago? And come to the exact same conclusion?
>>
>>17274502
It just happens to me in relationships. I'm the leader of a college project and everything went fine, organized the work and structure. I also were the captain of a debate team, and I could manage it too.

Relationship with friends is healthy. But because I know that you have to take care of that people, be strategic not showing your weaknesses. In love i'm not like that sadly, I thought I could trust this girl, show her all my sides and my weak sides. But nope. Next time It has to be different. Thank you very much for your help. I thought she would respect my weaknesses and not take advantage of them. She did that, taking the power and being dominant.
>>
>>17273088

pic related OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nqcgUDoV_M
>>
>>17274519
It's the sad truth about relationships, that unfortunately we often have to into them with the same sort of business like cynicism we do in professional relationships and such

Sometimes you need to take things very slow and find out more about what kind of person someone is before opening up fully, you don't have to be entirely cold but its wise to show your armor chinks carefully
>>
>>17274497
Whenever she gets angry when you stand up for yourself she's just shit testing you and hoping to pound you into submission again. "Oh my little beta is talking back? Shut up and know your place!" is basically what she's communicating.

How to get out of those kinds of predicaments? Stand firm and hold your ground when confronting her, make sure you mean business. She'll probably yell and cry as much as she wants, even threaten to break up. Call her on that bluff if it happens. Tell her you already apologized and she's the one being hypocritical and childish about whatever situation she put you both in, now we can put it aside and never do it again or the relationship won't work. If she blubbers again, do not stand down. The moment you break is when she wins and gains control again. It's important you remain calm and talk to her in a calm manner. If she continues to escalate, break it off there and show her the door. At that point why be with a woman that will fight you this much so irrationally? You are better off. I know it's hard but stick to it in all relationships I guarantee the woman is going to try to assert dominance over you, even in subtle ways.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.