[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need help deciding if I should accept new job. please explain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: pepesuit.png (152 KB, 616x725) Image search: [Google]
pepesuit.png
152 KB, 616x725
I need help deciding if I should accept new job. please explain your preference.

current job: mostly uninteresting and easy, just clocking in time type of job. pay is just okay. but I live in my favorite area, close to friends and family, and things that I like to do.

new job offer: really interesting work that I want to get into. pay is much better. but it's on the opposite side of the country, in a boring small town. I don't know anybody within 2000 miles, seems like not a lot to do there.
>>
>>17272331

id take the job and see whats up, depending on my current situation. i moved to la from delaware so yeah.

what is the current job?
whats the new job?
what is the pay difference? its in a small town so i imagine you could save a lot yeah?

worse case scenario take the job for six months then come home
>>
>>17272335
both jobs are mechanical engineering, but new job would be much more in line with what I like and am good at. new job also 25% pay increase. i would be able to save a lot, that's a big factor. but I think it will be really hard to be living there and I might get depressed or something. I also have a gf that I would either have to break up with or go long distance for almost 1 year until she can move
>>
>>17272361

you sound whiny, so maybe done go. adventure is not for the puss of heart.
>>
>>17272380
okay
>>
I would do it. After a while you could maybe use the experience from your new job to move back near home to a similar job
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.