[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you do when you've lost all hope?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: he4zwyr45o0x.jpg (196 KB, 720x1176) Image search: [Google]
he4zwyr45o0x.jpg
196 KB, 720x1176
What do you do when you've lost all hope?
>>
>>17271912
Well for me, hitting rock bottom was a relief. The worst had happened so thing's couldn't get worse. Now I can only go up.
>>
>>17271912
I watch maury, and then I'm like all good... moving on
>>
Leave 4chan and get your life together.
>>
There is one fundamental philosophical question everyone needs to ask themselves. Should you kill yourself? Not some passing thought, but actually thinking about it for awhile. You have to decide if this game is worth it. Then you will have your answer.
>>
File: on.jpg (37 KB, 500x647) Image search: [Google]
on.jpg
37 KB, 500x647
>>17271912
>What do you do when you've lost all hope?
Start to live by ideals and standards that don't require hope.
Honor, duty, and fidelity are 3 of the most important examples.

Many of us just have to accept that we're never going to be the lucky ones, the happy ones. But we can still do the right thing. Still do our duty. Still help others achieve their dreams.

Also, it's kind of funny but hope isn't really the last positive feeling to die, if you count humor.
Humor lasts a hell of a long time. Years longer than hope, for most people.
>>
>>17271912

compare my lives to that of the world, realize ive made top 10% and can likely do better if i stop being a bitch baby.

it worked. just sayian
>>
The moment when you've lost all hope and are thinking about ending your life is the moment when you become free, I think. I've had it. One day I realized that my life is meaningless and essentially there is no point in living. So I started thinking about killing myself. But shortly I've come to a realization that I still have things to live for. There are too many types of beer that I haven't tried, there are too many cool videogames that I haven't played, there are too many books and places and people and experiences. And if I get tired of all this I can always kill myself. After this moment my life is pretty much like "I'm curious what'll happen next".
So, surprisingly, life is worth living when you've lost all hope. Even if sometimes it feels like it isn't.
>>
Read Meditations, then read Camus.

In between reading follow yr passions and hobbies until they consume you. Do something you've always wanted to do, but never have. Go for a run. Fish in a spring water. Ask that cute girl at Starbucks out, she might say yes, but probably no.
>>
Op abandoned thread.

Rip
>>
>>17271912
Die, I guess.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.