[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
(I made this thread last night, but not a lot of people responded,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: at night.png (24 KB, 690x571) Image search: [Google]
at night.png
24 KB, 690x571
(I made this thread last night, but not a lot of people responded, I'm hoping it's just because it was late.)
Hi, /adv/, I've pretty much taken nothing but AP classes all throughout my highschool career (about 14~17 of them to be exact, I'll have to check to make sure), passed pretty much all of my AP tests, made a 28 on the ACT, but I'm probably going to be coming out of high school with a 2.7 overall.
I was feeling pretty confident about getting into the flagship state school, but now I'm not so sure.
Are my stats good or bad? Do I have a chance at getting into something and scoring a semi decent scholarship?
Should I retake my ACT and aim for a 30+?
>>
>>17271626
>2.7 gpa
Sorry
>>
You know AP classes are weighted right? Do you mean 2.7 weighted or unweighted?
>>
>>17271626
You've got two things that almost balance each other out - only fair grades, but all in hard classes. The thing is to make sure that the admissions people see the hard classes. Ask the teachers who write references for you to mention all the AP classes, and mention them in your essay.
>>
>>17271634
It's not your fault.

>>17271645
Unweighted.
Weighted it's probably around a 3.3? I don't have my transcript with me at the moment. The thing is, I've heard that you can't put your weighted GPA down on scholarships? Though I did hear this from my cooky art teacher. Was she wrong?

>>17271654
Will do. But what about my ACT score? Does that not factor in anywhere?
>>
>>17271656
Depends on the college. If I were you I'd just mention the weighted because it has more to say about your high school years than unweighted. But GPA isn't everything, if you did anything interesting during high school or volunteered they'd love to hear about that, and any clubs and what not.

You're going to be fine. Don't know how lucrative the flagship school is there but where I am you'd totally qualify to get in.
>>
>>17271668
Yeah, gonna depend on the state and school.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.