[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Many questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
How do you accept your limits and stop comparing yourself to others, /adv/?

College, is ivy league equivalent, hard for real and getting a D is kinda good and takes some effort.
My parents are satisfied and sure i will get only shit grades, it makes me feel down.
My highschool was shit, and my town didn't have great courses am i fucked forever or can i fix it?

Should i ditch my hobbies completely to do so? I would have removed video games, but i get real depressed without them, they were my only true friends in preschool. What hobbies are stress-relieving and more productive?
I don't drink, have trust issues, so won't bond with people who easily make friends while drunk, i think.
>>
Why would you go to an Ivy League equivalent if you're going to get Ds? Decent grades at a lesser school will always look better than shit grades at a good school
>>
>>17270494

>ive league equivalent
>equivalent

lol seriously though my moms the opposite of your mom. i applied for film school and she convinced herself it was a really hard to get into prestigious film school. as if those two things weren't contradictory.

the problem with asking for hobbies that are productive and stress relieving is that they are often contradictory. some people might say painting and such is leisurely, but a lot of people (especially people like you) are just gonna end up hating the painting and feeling like they're doing a shit job.

my stress relieving stuff isnt productive. my productive hobbies are fun but stressful.
>>
>>17270494
You're an adult; start acting like one.
>>
>>17270494
>he fell for the ivy league meme

Ivy League is daycare for rich kids; they already have their life taken care of forever you silly man
>>
>>17270515
I didn't know that. I thought Ivy league is firstly about challenge and being hard to enter.

>>17270498
Normal schools in my country are shit where you pay through your exams and the program is severely outdated. Their grades mean nothing.
Here, you get assigned to do real job pretty early, get to know people who are in the cutting-edge of research, get to know people who will be famous etc.
Plus many students with shit grades do research and they are good.
I was proposed an internship on my freshman year even.

>>17270499
Thanks for the answer, i guess i'll just reserve some time to be completely wasted on videogames.

>>17270509
It's the "get over it" type of answer, right. I generally like this approach, i'm trying.
My issue is pretty common though, many people whine about it to friends.
>>
>>17270539
>Normal schools in my country are shit where you pay through your exams and the program is severely outdated. Their grades mean nothing.
>Here, you get assigned to do real job pretty early, get to know people who are in the cutting-edge of research, get to know people who will be famous etc.
>Plus many students with shit grades do research and they are good.
>I was proposed an internship on my freshman year even.
So you're doing shit at the only half-way decent school in your country.
>>
>>17270498
>i'm in high school

grades dont matter unless you're going for an ma.
>>
>>17270547
Yeah, that's what i'm concerned about.
I can't get rid of the thought that my limit is C+ and it's pointless and arrogant to try to get a master's in my college.
Maybe i should just work my ass off and see what happens.
Yeah, and stop whining.
>>
>>17270547
Yes they do, even if it's for the mere fact that it's affecting OP's self esteem. Plus, what if OP DOES want to do post-grad study?
>>
>>17270573
That's the problem, i have those dreams of getting a career in science, and then i literally see people i'd compete with and oh my they're so fucking determined. They'd do literally anything to be on top. I have no idea how to deal with this.
Maybe i should get in terms with my level already and stop that ego trip.
I just don't know.
>>
>>17270605
Have you tried approaching your professors to see what you can do to improve your grades?
>>
>>17270616

i did, but three of them implied i should suck em off, and the other implied i should let him suck me off.

its a liberal arts college so i guess thats what i expected.
>>
>>17270628
I really find that hard to believe, to be honest.
>>
>>17270637

i took it to my counselor. she laughed at first, filled out a form then said she'd call me, that was last year so idkl maybe this year would be idfferent.

one of the proffessors isnt here anymore but it might be unrelated.
>>
>>17270642
What? How does you counsellor fit into this?
>>
>>17270628
Oh my that's real bad.

>>17270616
They give similar recommendations like stretch studying, repeat more, may answer questions on topics. Everything you could wish for, really. What about informal discussions people who teach us never take exams from us as a rule. It's some literally random guy from faculty instead.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.