[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nightmare boss at a job you can't quit.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: gy3ycjf0c82zbmuwi6gv.jpg (24 KB, 620x325) Image search: [Google]
gy3ycjf0c82zbmuwi6gv.jpg
24 KB, 620x325
How do you deal with it? I'm trying to find some sort of zen head-space I can occupy that will allow me to stay composed around this person for 40 hours per week.
>>
>>17270443
I'm in the same boat, OP.

But my boss is also my dad...Fug.
>>
File: Ruiß.jpg (23 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
Ruiß.jpg
23 KB, 320x320
More deets needed
>>
>>17270446
Just a textbook bully boss. Comes at the very end of the day and gives me meaningless deadlines because he knows I will have to work late to meet them. Calls me stupid in some way or another a couple times per day. Sneaks up behind me five or six times per day while I'm working and watches me until I notice he is standing there. Luckily I'm a hard worker, I don't even check my personal email while at work, so the faggot has never had an opportunity to "catch" me doing anything I shouldn't. And as far as being stupid, I regularly have to redo his code and explain to him in baby language why what he did is generating an error. The problem is, I have two posses, the one who actually hired me is not my supervisor. My supervisor, the bully, wanted to hire someone else. So he's doing everything he can to sabotage me there to prove to the other boss they made a mistake choosing me over his pick.
>>
>>17270468

Serious question: Do you think you could physically overpower him?
>>
>>17270445
That can be the worst if it is an actual company, because they try to prove to the other employees they aren't favoring you, by treating you like shit
>>
>>17270481
Yes, I'm 6', he's about 5'8" and has a body like a cave slug. Creeps me out like hell when he tiptoes up behind my cubicle and watches me.
>>
Just report him to hrand document everything. After the first document is put in anything he does is retaliation. He might try to bully you to back down. Don't but report it and start a paper trail. Don't be dramatic and put down the points of it being an hostile work environment and will affect your work.
>>
Damn that doesn't sound ethical at all
>>
I had a nightmare boss. The only way to deal with it was to quit since his boss was the ceo and was just as bad of a bully if not worse.

If it's a small company, you can really hurt them with this site called glassdoor. After I quit, I wrote a scathing review of the company. They found out eventually and tries to bully me into removing the review. I gave them the finger by responding with a letter written by a lawyer friend. The reviews are anonymous.

Now whenever someone googles for that company name, in the first 5 hits that negative review talking about bullying in the company comes up.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.