[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Relationship Advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 1459273294821.png (307 KB, 500x893) Image search: [Google]
1459273294821.png
307 KB, 500x893
Hi guys,

So I am in a relationship about 5 months. I really like her, even love her, and the feeling is mutual. We started saying we love each other but we don't do it regularly even though we talk every day and see each other almost all the time. It is a very comfortable relationship, but both of us are maybe shy so we dont say 'love' all that much because it might feel fast. We usually say we miss each other or that we really like each other and kiss & heart emojis and all that bullshit. sex is there, nothing to complain, good stuff.

So my question is in regards to a gift, I want to buy her a tiffanys silver bracelet for her birthday next week. I work two jobs and can afford this 400 dollar bracelet however it is a chunk of change. Is it maybe too soon to give it to her? Should I wait until Christmas? Thanks guys.
>>
I don't know about her, but I don't feel comfortable accepting such expensive gifts, even if it's for a special occasion. Maybe I would if it was a real milestone, like 10 year anniversary, but definitely not as a casual gift.

That said, I'm pretty low maintenance.
>>
File: selection-du-weekend-185-55.jpg (64 KB, 760x1016) Image search: [Google]
selection-du-weekend-185-55.jpg
64 KB, 760x1016
How's the sex?
>>
Buying lots of small gifts for a girl is better than buying one expensive gift once in a blue moon.

Not that you shouldn't get the bracelet, just saying.
>>
File: 1457296415079.png (324 KB, 646x1059) Image search: [Google]
1457296415079.png
324 KB, 646x1059
>>17270152
>>17270156
i generally spend a lot on food, restaurants and alcohol when she is here. She takes them gratefully, we have a very 'oldschool' relationship she puts it. She always tries to buy stuff for me too, for some sort of payback.

Should i wait for christmas?
>>
I would wait for christmas. A 400 dollar gift might come off a little over zealous in a 5 month relationship.
>>
File: 1461628121385.gif (3 MB, 275x293) Image search: [Google]
1461628121385.gif
3 MB, 275x293
>>17270211
thank you. I guess thats what i wanted to hear anyway. I kind have already bought it for her anyway. In the box it stays.
>>
>>17270216
Why would you ask us about this if you've already bought it?
>>
>>17270219
its still in the box. I can choose to give it to her next week, or Christmas.
>>
in the meantime, grab her something good for her birthday too, but not "$400" good
good luck!
>>
>>17270149

I'd keep the bracelet and try think up a really nice message to engrave on it for your first anniversary
>>
>>17270149
just use the 400 for a day out and maybe take her shopping, 400 bones will go a long way. you dont even need 400 for that, probably 100. 200 if you tryna spoil her
>>
Don't blow 400$ on a bracelet. Even come Christmas time.

Find something that would truely mean a lot to her. Doesn't have to cost a lot of money.

You can learn a lot about how well you know someone from the gifts they give you.
>>
Giving something very expensive for her might make her feel uncomfortable. For gifts, you can either give her something that is more practical or something that you make it yourself.
You should save the money you earned for both of your future!
>>
Don't buy that kind of gifts, maybe if you both like travelling buy some airplane tickets? Here in Europe they're very cheap, so the situation shouldn't differ where you live. If youre interested there are certainly some sites gathering offers with bargain prices, like 400$ can sometime get you even to Africa (excluding living and transport expenses, but read about cheap travelling, friend of mine spent only 70$ on 2 weeks in Turkey). If you're in the US, you can go to Cuba (i dont know if Americans are allowed, but that country is cheap af). Trust me, travelling is sth youll never forget
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.