[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I or should I not?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: chinesecat (1).jpg (10 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
chinesecat (1).jpg
10 KB, 200x200
23 yo guy here and I think I'm falling for one of my best girl friends. We've known each other since childhood, we care for each other and I love her a lot as a friend. Most days this doesn't really bother me, other days I can't stop thinking about her. We hangout only a couple times a month and usually as a group of mutual friends.

I'm just wondering whether I should tell her I like her or not? The trouble is I'm not 100% percent sure I even do like her in a romantic/sexual way. Having pretty much zero female companionship in my teen and adult years I think has lead me to just look around for a quick fix and there she is. I'm a sociable guy and get out and do things regularly, but never do I really meet any women. I think I'm also really shallow, in thinking that if I hold off for the time being I'll find someone who I definitely find very attractive and will go straight for.

Our friends sometimes comment on us being a couple. I always thought that if we were to get together it would just happen, rather than having one of us have to blurt it out.

Whatever I go for I can see a few outcomes:
- I tell her, she reciprocates, we get together, all is fine.
- I tell her, she reciprocates, we get together and then I quickly realise that I actually do not like her in that way. We break it off. Both miserable. Friendship potentially ruined.
- I tell her, she does not reciprocate. Awkward friendship, me miserable.
- I don't tell her in hopes the feeling will pass. Sooner or later some other geezer will come and sweep her off her feet. Me super miserable
- I don't tell her, feeling passes. Meet someone else. All is fine. Friendship intact

Thanks for reading. Sorry for long post. Here's a hilarious picture of a cat
>>
>>17269588
Does the thought of here dating someone else upset you?
If yes you should ask about being a couple.

Quite frankly from what you have said you should at least take a swing. marrying a girl that is a friend is awesome and is claimed to be the best relationship. And from what you have siad you have feelings for her.

Remember regret hurts a hell of a lot more longer that rejection.
>>
Why even bring it up just go hang out with her alone just the two of you, doesn't even need to be a date and see how you jive then get close and in the moment make the call on kissing her or not sheesh louiesh
>>
>>17269602
>>17269602
>>17269602

The thought of her dating someone else does upset me. It's kinda like a "damn, that could be me" kinda thing.

And about the marriage thing, I'm gonna open up my shallow, childish side here again and say that by the time I get married I would've liked to been with other women. The thought of only being with one woman ever makes me uncomfortable

And it is true what you say about rejection. I'm sure I could bounce back
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.