[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious question /adv/ I am 21 years of age and turn 22 this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 655x527) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 655x527
Serious question /adv/

I am 21 years of age and turn 22 this September, I've never been the academic type but have always been encouraged because I have potential (that's what professors and co say).

I recently dropped out of college and work weekends at a bookmakers. Saturday's it's 10:30am to 10pm and Sunday's 12:30pm to 10pm. I am considering taking a 9/5 job during the weekdays at a supermarket which would take my net income to minimum £1400.

I have always been the athletic type, played academy football until 19 and I'm really keen on wrestling at the moment. My question is this a move I should make and use my weekday evenings to pursue my dream?

I'm the kind of guy who doesn't regret the past because what has happened can not be changed.

Any help would be appreciated with my decision making.
>>
>>17267979

If you do well in academia but don't enjoy it, you'll probably end up in a job you don't like or worse, hate. All else it could achieve it random people you probably won't give a shit about might think you're intelligent. As long as you can manage, try to follow your dream. So I'd definitely take the weekends.
>>
Other than being a professional athlete what would you consider your dream job? Do you have an interest in business, computers, science, international affairs, medicine, etc?

What sort of things are you finding yourself looking up in your free time or discussing with others?
>>
>>17268491
I like to write, I have many ideas for film and TV scripts. Writing a book is something I would like to dabble in, I have a passion for sci/fi medieval fantasy.

I don't really have a dream job apart from that, I was born and raised as an athlete.
>>
>>17268474
What would you're option be on the working weekdays to. It's a 9/5 but leaves time for me to train.
>>
>>17268530
Opinion*
>>
>have always been encouraged because I have potential (that's what professors and co say)
Teachers always say that shit to the most pathetic kid in class.

Go chase your dream or you will regret it when you're old.
>>
>>17268593
Thanks for you're input :)
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.