[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I a poser for having a double life? By day I'm pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 640x632) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 640x632
Am I a poser for having a double life?

By day I'm pretty much a corporate dude, preppy, high paying office job and all that jazz.

But by night + weekends, I go full punk/skater/hipster mode. That's the scene that I feel the most comfortable in. Tight pants, flannel, local metal shows, PBR, hipster blue collar/unemployed dive bars, and overall "alternative" shit. However I can't relate closely to people in either scene... I kind of drift between two entirely different worlds... And I don't think it's the optimal way to live my life.

How do I truly live in conjunction with all of my personal values?
>>
>>17266819
You are bruce wayne now
>>
You're not a poser, you're just very, very shallow. Changing your fucking outfit does not count as a "double life." You're not talking about your personal values, you're literally just talking about clothes
>>
You sound like a basic bitch who thinks he's something special. Please tell me more about your clothing style.
>>
File: Falling Down.png (650 KB, 792x658) Image search: [Google]
Falling Down.png
650 KB, 792x658
No. You aren't a poser for having a rich job while being a punk rocker. Lots of people in punk went on to have good jobs.
You can have a good job, and be punk. Punk is all about changing the world for the better. You can use the job you have, the wages you earn, or the skills you've got, to help your community. And that's punk.
You're not a sellout for having a good job while you do it, as long as you live authentically. You're a sellout when you buy into the life, the rat race, the consume-reproduce-die model of life.

So live in conjunction with your personal values. Fuck anyone who hates you for having a decent job, who doesn't understand you. Fuck anyone who thinks you're a lowlife for enjoying alternative music and scenes. You have to live for yourself and no others.

T. another punk, and school teacher.
>>
>>17266842
>please tell me more about your clothing style

Kk sometimes I wear this spiked cock ring when I fuck your mum
>>
Of course not, you're just a retard
>>
How dare you have a quality job, anon.

If you want to frequent dive bars, there's a 40k per annum maximum.

Also,
>tight pants, flannel, PBR
So alternative
>>
>>17266819
You're about as punk as a Michael Bolton concert.

It's not about your clothes or your job or your income, it's about your lifestyle and attitudes. I've never known a punk who would describe themselves as punk/hipster because the two things aren't at all the same.

I have known punks who wear ties by day or sometimes badges, name tags or aprons. You're just shallow as fuck and concerned with your appearance. Shit man, I've known fashion conscience gay men who were punk as shit, but you're just a faggot.
>>
Youre a poser AND a faggot
>>
YOU TAKE THE BEEEEEEESSSST OF BOTH WORLDS
>>
>>17266819
>i'm professional at work
>i enjoy my hobbies
What's the problem again?
>>
Dressing up on the weekends and doesn't make you punk. And calling yourself a hipster and saying you like "PBR, hipster blue collar/unemployed dive bars" just makes you seem like a huge fucking poser.

You probably qualify as a hipster but you sure as fuck ain't punk.
>>
I myself am studying and prolly graduating next year. As soon as I graduate I'm gonna have to work in a corp too and they expect me to dress properly. In my free time, I often sport a lumberjack shirt and jeans and sneakers like most stoner rock guys do. But that's my free time, during work hours I'd dress up completely different to follow the workfloors norms. What you need to do is keep work and free time seperate, work = just business and free time = your own.

You're a corporate dude yet you go punk which consists of shouting "boooo" at the government and corps. Do you stand behind this ideology?
>>
>tight jeans
faggot
>>
>>17267702
You can take resources from the corporate world and use them to undermine their influence.
>>
By day I work in high finance and at
all other times I am a hyperweeaboo who just stays at home fapping to 2d girls
>>
By day, I am a hardworking, honest, aspiring young man attending a prestigous university
By night I watch anime, shitpost about other countries on 4chan, and play Fallout until I fall asleep in my chair

>no one can know the real me
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.