[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I in the wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 20160617_223823.png (525 KB, 1130x2011) Image search: [Google]
20160617_223823.png
525 KB, 1130x2011
Today, I was supposed to go out with this girl I've been dating for a few weeks. I hadn't heard from her all day so I text her around 6 if we were still on for later tonight. She replies with "yes, after I pick up my sister from the train. I'm leaving in 10". I tell her no problem, let me know when you're done.

An hour goes by and I hear nothing from her so I shoot her a quick "will you be ready soon" text only to get no response until another hour later with pic related.

I go with it and respond to make sure she's okay.
Another hour goes by and then she says she's home now. It's already 10pm at this point and I just tell her it's pretty late and I've been waiting around for 4 hours for you. She then proceeds to turn it on me as if I don't have a right to be annoyed and say
>Your mad because I had to pick up my sister for father day right now

My question here is, am I really in the wrong here or do I have a reason to be annoyed at this?
>>
>>17266467
She sounds like she has a lot on her mind
>>
You are in the wrong. You had your time wasted for four hours, she broke down completely. She has a worse night I guarantee
>>
Neither of you are in the wrong, you just have different views on what happened.

I wouldn’t give it too much thought, she sounds like a headcase
>>
>>17266712
To give you some context, I told her that I hate when people make plans and don't follow through with them without communicating with me. This is the third time that I've made plans to see her and then she cancels them with an excuse. I'm tired of putting myself out there for her and she not reciprocate. It literally has nothing to do with her picking up her sister and all to do with the fact that she never communicated with me or updated me throughout. Instead I was left out of the loop until she decided she wanted to text me.
>>
>>17266893
If you hate her canceling plans enough, maybe it'll magically make her panic attacks go away.
Alternatively, you don't trust her and think she's trying to emotionally manipulate you by having a panic attack.
>>
>>17266893
tbfh if i was going to pick up my sister and she was nowhere to be found and i started to have a panic attack, my first thought would NOT be "oh damn my bf hates it when people dont follow through with plans i better text him so hes ok".
>>
Yeah OP I'm exactly like you so it depends. Are you a couple? You are a couple right? Then be mad if you want, tell her thst letting you know where she is important, and say that you were just worried about her. Say you really worried about her so it's important but you didn't mean to shout or lose your temper at all and you know she had a rough night but to remember that you always care about her. That's if you're a couple. If not a couple, then you can't really say anything about it and have to silently judge her character and whether you still want to see her without her ever knowing.
>>
>>17266467
There is very little point in getting upset over how someone behaves, especially if your relationship hasn't existed for very long.

Accept that this is who she is and deal with it, or walk.

Me, I'd probably walk. She's done this three times? That's someone who's just consistently rude. Fuck that.

And do you really want to be with someone who's going to freak out like that? That's bullshit. Either she's lying (more likely) or she's a fucking emotional basket case who can't figure out how to pull out her phone to call her sister or figure out where the fuck an arrival gate is?
>>
I understand what everyone is saying but >>17266921 is how I really feel. I've had to commute using the station she picked up her sister from and it really is not cause for a panic attack. There's only one pick up and drop off area in the entire station. The only possible issue would be the amount of cars that are there but it's no different than being in traffic. According to her, it took 4 hours to pick her sister up from the station which I can't see taking that long.

After that second time, I told her I was done with it but she came back completely apologetic and saying she would communicate more with me when it came to planning dates and following through with them. Then she pulls this stunt. I really don't know anymore. Sorry for the long post also.
>>
>>17266467
Shoulda offered to comfort her. Went to a nearby place n then made out or somethin.
>>
>>17267087
Lol that would've been good if she hadn't canceled on me.
>>
It seems like you don't understand anxiety or panic attacks well
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.