[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What to do if S.O. is being distant? For example: >I miss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Disappointed-Dog-Face-04.jpg (27 KB, 625x416) Image search: [Google]
Disappointed-Dog-Face-04.jpg
27 KB, 625x416
What to do if S.O. is being distant?
For example:
>I miss you
>"That's okay"

One of the many examples I can think of.
>>
>>17266053
Meet up with them more often so you don't have to tell them that you miss them every time you're not together?
>>
Is he/she always like that?

If you haven't seen each other it may be some sort of "that's normal, we haven't been able to be together..." but it's weird that he/she doen't say me too.
>>
Lol Hahahaha I am going to use that one.
>>
>>17266053
You sound kinda clingy
>>
>>17266061
We saw each other twice a week, I had to check out a university and see family so we couldn't see each other for while (like a week and a bit).

>>17266082
Yeah... Like even if you didn't feel that way I think it's weird that she'd say something like that of all things
>>
>>17266091
It's not like I say it all the time. I literally said it this one time.
>>
>>17266091
I don't agree at all, "I miss you" is a really normal thing to text your SO, provided it's not every fucking time you're apart. And I'd be kinda hurt if their typical response was "That's okay." I think most people would.
>>
Is there something that happened recently between you two?

You can't make someone miss you. But obviously something is wrong, you should ask them.
>>
>>17266138
Some stuff involving her friends happened, leading to her losing a couple. We talked about it and I was both honest and supportive and I don't see how that would affect our relationship really.
>>
>>17266153
Maybe she's just feeling down about that and it's effecting her relationship with you?

Honestly, if my boyfriend said "That's okay" as a response to me saying I missed him, I would flip my shit. That's a hurtful response.
>>
>>17266156
I'm also pretty sure she has some commitment issues as well, like she has had 4 boyfriends all of which she left for really dumb reasons.

Should I maybe get out before it hurts?
>>
>>17266153
I don't think that would cause that response to you. Maybe she's that kind of person who hates to admit that stuff?
>>
>>17266164
Well, how long have you two been together?

If you really like this girl, you should stay and try to work it out. But if you're not fully invested, then don't waste your time on her.
>>
>>17266180
Not very long. Almost 3 months.

Like, I like her and especially how she looks and some of her personality, but a lot of stuff is kind of undesirable.

I think I'll end it with her, but how do I do it? I've never had to break with someone before
>>
>>17266192
Meet with her in person, and just tell her honestly but gently that you don't think you two are compatible. Try to end it on okay terms, no fighting or drama.
>>
>>17266197
What if there is drama or a fight?
>>
>>17266222
Try to deescalate it. Sometimes it can't be helped, but don't add fuel to the fire.
>>
>>17266225
Just hypothetically, what would be the consequence of a fight or drama happening during a breakup?

I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>17266233
She will probably hate you and never want to talk to you. You just won't be on good terms. Some people are okay with this, but in my personal opinion, it's always better to leave things on a good note if you can. It just means you can handle things maturely.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.