[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /adv/ I have been feeling weird lately. Feel very bored
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: DrivingSkull.jpg (29 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
DrivingSkull.jpg
29 KB, 500x667
Hello /adv/ I have been feeling weird lately.
Feel very bored almost all of the time, and have almost no motivation to do anything.
Could be early signs of depression not completely sure.
Feeling kinda empty at times, and sometimes i'm literally thinking of nothing.
Have been sitting in my room for the past week most of the day.

Do any of you have any experience with this?
I would appreciate any insight.
>>
frankly I've felt that way since I was 15
(25 now)
i just force myself to enjoy SOME thing - one hour at a time and honestly it works - my gf and roommate both struggle with the same kinda deal and we just keep ourselves occupied - indulge in the bad vibes sometimes but otherwise it's all about productive distractions
>>
Yes (a lot).

Do something with yourself. Exercise helps a lot...a LOT.

Make a goal for yourself. Make sure it's something you can accomplish in a day. Fulfill it. Make more goals. Repeat.

Meditate. Explore philosophy.

As one of my therapists once said, "Do things that are self-validating."

Prove to yourself that you're not just another shitbag taking up space on this planet.
>>
>>17265884
>I just force myself to enjoy SOME thing - one hour at a time and honestly it works
What do you mean by this?
>>
>>17265885
Mate to be quite honest I don't have any goals, or I can't think of any.
I don't have many hobbies, gaming was one of them but I can't enjoy games that much anymore.

I don't know what to do man.
>>
>>17265896
sometimes it's making some music
sometimes it's making video stuff
sometimes it's playing a game I earnestly love
sometimes it's going for a walk
sometimes it's nerding out over a band/writer/artist I love
it can be a ton of things - even exercise - as long as it demands enough attention that you can't afford to go all void-headed
>>
>>17265904
OHH okay, okay. I understand now, I just don't know what to do.
>>
>>17265913
yeah - the hard part is choosing what to throw yourself at - i just find stuff that brings a smile to my face and just try and do that - say I watch a youtube video I really like I'll just try and make one with the same vibe - or I hear a song I really dig I try and figure out how to make similar sounds - just like an activity - sometimes something bigger grows from it - most times not but at least I did a thing
>>
>>17265913
also finding like minded people irl can help a ton - and if that's out of reach just start forcing a presence in online communities you like - the social side of stuff can drive away the noise on a good day
>>
>>17265913
sorry - last one - you said you liked games but fell out of love kinda - then fuck man make a rudimentary one yourself! start with a small goal to recreate pong or whatever and go from there - make a game you wanna play
>>
>>17265923
Yea your are right, it is harder to find something to throw yourself at. Not a lot makes me smile all that much.
>>17265947
Haha don't apologize man, thanks a lot I appreciate insight from you guys.

I am shit at programming, and struggle pretty badly at Math, I don't think I could ever make a game.
>>
>>17265936
What type of people should I look for? Don't really know anybody that feels the same. Have seen a few on here that have something kinda similar at least.
>>
OP here.

Tears came to my eyes outta no where.
>>
>>17266036
Tears are good - any feeling is good if it's honest - it's when you feel nothing that's bad - just start with some grandiose idea make a plan and start executing - even if it's just some dumb thing - steps - also friends are hard - having a job/going to certain types of events can help - also expressing your thoughts on websites that aren't anonymous
>>
>>17266107
Why would you say that no feeling at all is worst?
I have a bunch of friends but I have started to push some people away because they aren't people that are very loyal.
>>
>>17265903
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SByOXJScHEQ
>>
>>17266277
I like this song, pretty good.
>>
File: 1464656470110.jpg (21 KB, 248x232) Image search: [Google]
1464656470110.jpg
21 KB, 248x232
Bump
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.