[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does drinking more or less than half a bottle of whiskey every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1357412274935.jpg (19 KB, 310x297) Image search: [Google]
1357412274935.jpg
19 KB, 310x297
Does drinking more or less than half a bottle of whiskey every night make me an alcoholic? If so, given that fact, what do you think of heavy drinkers who are still functional? I have a decent job, I'm clean, maybe get in trouble from boozing once or twice a month. Usually from fucking the wrong woman.

Not asking for advice on quitting drinking, just want some input on why there is such a stigma to my situation.
>>
File: 1461893329203.jpg (6 KB, 180x191) Image search: [Google]
1461893329203.jpg
6 KB, 180x191
>>17265316
>Drinks half a bottle of whiskey per night
>Asks 4chan if he is an alcoholic, even though he already knows but wants approval from neck beard trolls.

No senpai you're not an alcoholic, you just have a hobby of gulping down half a bottle of whiskey every night.
>>
>>17265316
>Does drinking more or less than half a bottle of whiskey every night make me an alcoholic?

yep

>If so, given that fact, what do you think of heavy drinkers who are still functional?

depending on how long they last before they unravel, impressed or indifferent.

>just want some input on why there is such a stigma to my situation.

people don't like people who are not like them.
>>
>>17265327
Hahaha, I guess you're right. I'm probably an alcoholic because I think if I were to stop drinking suddenly I might freak out or get sick.

>>17265339
>depending on how long they last before they unravel, impressed or indifferent.
I've been drinking this way for almost 8 years now. Only thing I've noticed is I've gained a little weight and I could've bought a nice car with all the money I've spent.
>>
>>17265316
>just want some input on why there is such a stigma to my situation.
Because people who can't control themselves are dangerous to themselves and others. That's great that you can hold down a job. You're still a danger.
>>
>>17265351
how old are you? 8 years daily hard liquor?
that habit is just gonna explode one day with a cirrosis or liver cancer and trust me, that shit is NOT good
just cut down a little, maybe a handle every week?
>>
>>17265412
I am 27 years old. I dunno. Feel pretty healthy. I also indulge in cocaine and psychedelics.
>>
>>17265426
yeah no shit u feel healthy
wait 10 years tho
>>
>>17265454
I'll keep that in mind. In all honesty, I've been coming out of my shell of being somewhat of a hermit and I'm worried about how my alcohol abuse (which is OBVIOUS if you know me personally) will come across to my circle of friends as I open up to them. Thought I'd ask a few dorks since you guys tend to be a bit more honest than the rest.
>>
>>17265467
(some unrelated anon)
Thanks drug addict.
Sorry that was mean...
Don't care what others think as long as you're happy and not fucking people over.
>>
>>17265316
as long as you wait to drink until after work, and you can control it enough to not get a hangover until the weekend, I'd say you're fine and do what you do.

Women are trouble anyway, no need for alcohol to be considered as an accomplice.

t. liquor store manager
>>
>>17265467
>half a bottle of whiskey
>alcohol abuse (which is OBVIOUS if you know me personally)
half a bottle isn't enough to make it obvious, especially for someone with the tolerance of a daily drinker, and is harmful only because you drink it everyday. try to cut it down to only drinking on weekends and don't tell your friends or you'll always be the alcoholic for them.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.