[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ex had a kid and it may be mine, what do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: download (2).jpg (5 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
5 KB, 300x168
Okay /adv/ so this is the situation, my ex girlfriend lied to me about being on the pill way back in 2014, we only fucked without a condom twice and she had a new boyfriend fairly quickly after I broke up with her, we were only together for a very short time (because she was fucking crazy and I realized this just after we fucked without a condom) fast forward a few months and I see she's pregnant, she never said anything to me, so I casually brushed it off, we were only together a really short time and I didn't even know at what stage the kid was in development in. However I saw a picture of her yesterday on Facebook with her kid and the kid kinda has similar features to me, same eye colour, nose, ears, even the fucking chin is similar to when I was a kid. Although it doesn't have either of our hair colour, which is making me think it could be the guy after. The kid looks around 10 months old, which would make sense given the time we fucked as well.

Again she's never contacted me or said that the kid is mine, I don't want to drop her a message after not speaking to her since we broke up nearly 2 years ago and say "hey weird question, is that kid mine?" but the girl is fucking insane and if that kid is mine, I'd kinda want him to have some chance in life by having at least one stable parent.

What should I do /adv/? Should I just ignore it and if she ever contacts me, we take it from there? Or should I drop her a message and find out what the fuck is up with this situation?
>>
Demand a DNA test first
>>
>>17263027

Hey I wouldn't take her on her word. Of course I'd want a test. But if it's mine, I'm pretty fucked.
>>
Ignore
>>
File: tapir.jpg (103 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
tapir.jpg
103 KB, 1280x960
>>17263042
Do you want to take responsibility for the child? Answer for the you 18 years from now.
>>
>>17263082

Of course I don't want to, I'm 22 years old and a student, I'm thinking more along the lines of it's more my moral obligation to do so if it is mine. I don't want to be some deadbeat asshole who ignored his kid, but I'd prefer it if I didn't have kids until I was at least 35.
>>
>>17263101
So, ignore for now. Consider dna test when financially stable and the kid is old enough to actually be able to remember you in the long term. A dick move, i know, but practical.
>>
>>17263101
Then go beg her to support it you faggot.
>>
>>17263109

As scummy as it sounds, it may be for the best that I do this. Also for selfish reasons, I'm in a relationship with a great girl at the moment (one who isn't a massive fucking meltyhead) and this could potentially fuck things up with her.
>>
>>17263020
>tl;dr
Its 2016 how can the kid be 10 months old if he was conceived 2014?
>>
>>17263020
Don't contact her, feign ignorance if you have to. Pretend it doesn't exist. You don't even know if it's yours.
>>
>>17263020
If she doesnt bring it up, ignore her. Actually make it extremely difficult for her to find you/get in contact with you.

Enjoy your life with your new gf.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.