[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is my dog dying? She's a fourteen year old Miniature Schnauzer.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 640789463543.jpg (103 KB, 800x680) Image search: [Google]
640789463543.jpg
103 KB, 800x680
Is my dog dying? She's a fourteen year old Miniature Schnauzer. She hasn't been eating much the past couple of days and, while she has been moving about, she's been looking downtrodden and it seems like she's just roaming around. She hasn't had any other problems like incontinence.
>>
>>17262465
Take her to the vet, she may just be sick.
>>
>>17262465
>Is my dog dying? She's a fourteen year old Miniature Schnauzer.
She could be. 14 is pretty old for that breed. But she could also just be ill.

Either way, you should take her to the vet.
>>
take to vet ASAP

Even if she isn't dying this sickness (if that's what it is) could kill her since she is so old.
>>
Apparently when a dog's time has come, they try to get away from their owner. It happened to 2 of my oldest dogs. (One was 19 and the other was 17). But from my experience that happened a day before they passed away.

Maybe she's just sick with something. Take her to a vet and see if they can help.
>>
Vet obviously, but at 14, it's most likely the body shutting down, or a sickness that may not be surmountable. I've read that lack of appetite is a sign of the body shutting down, and also loss of bowel and bladder control. Mine lost hearing and sight at 16. He was spry and happy, even though he was mostly blind, and then all of a sudden in the span of a few weeks he was a ghost. Pissing everywhere, bumping into things, flinching when I went to pet him. When you can tell they are no longer enjoying life, then it's time to let them go. We should all be so fucking lucky as to go in a comfy opium stupor, surrounded by loved ones, and just gently slip away. I absolutely envy my little buddy's death, even though I mourned him well b
>>
>>17262465
It's a bad age for dogs, OP. I'm deeply sorry. I know the pain of losing a dog and I don't wish it on anyone.

It's very real she's dying. Please take her to a vet.At least know is she's suffering and end it. You'll be a better human for doing it.

Don't blame yourself. Hate nature's stupid rules. You've done the right thing if vets say to put her down.

Again. I'm so sorry. I wish I could help. Stay strong.
>>
Yeah, get the vets opinion, and don't do anything stupid (I once saw someone get advised to put the dog down themselves without even seeing a vet.)

If the worst happens, the vet has the tools to make it as painless as possible. If your dog does just have an infection or something, the vet will be able to give you antibiotics etc.

In the case of one of our cats, we thought she was dying (wouldn't eat, nearly skin and bones within days) and we took her in to get checked - turns out her kidneys were in trouble due to an infection. We got her medicine, had to spend a few days force feeding her (she refused to eat and she needed food for the medicine) and after a bit she was right as rain. She went on to outlast 2 other cats and then dropped dead out of nowhere last year (we suspect it was a stroke, but she was dead in minutes, no chance of even seeing the vet.)

Animals need us to make good decisions for them. They can't tell us where it hurts - so always take them to someone who has the experience (aka a vet.)
>>
>>17263654
>I once saw someone get advised to put the dog down themselves without even seeing a vet.
Absolutely not. The only time you should put an animal down yourself is if it's clearly in extreme pain and would clearly not survive long enough to get to the vet. Those situations tend to involve blood and gore, not loss of appetite and incontinence.

In any other situation, the vet has access to far more humane options than you do. Heck; even in the situation above the vet still has access to more humane options (the problem being that they won't be able to use them in time).
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.