[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gaslighting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
Fucking disgraceful and disgusting practice.

Shame FOREVER on anyone who does that.

COWARDS
>>
Wat is gaslighting?
>>
>>17262369

you know i'm actually grateful for it all, a process of elimination to show me what i'm glad for, no one is to blame for anything, they tried to torture and kill me and they set me free. they are fucking saints.

also GOOGLE
>>
>>17262364
Now you're realizing that the feminist agenda is a huge sham.

Good for you!
>>
>>17262369

using different techniques to confuse someone's perception of reality and make them lost trust in their own minds. If I hadn't been so split up and broken up so much I wouldn't have turned to the light like I did so screw it I'm happy.
>>
>>17262394

i don't give a damn about feminism, or any ism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqg3kcwAgso
>>
>>17262369
Remember the episode of Star Trek where Picard gets tortured, and one of the things the torturer does is tell Picard there are five lights in the room when there are really only four? And by the end, Picard almost believes him?

That's gaslighting in a nutshell: telling someone things that are plainly untrue, in an attempt to undermine their trust in their own perceptions. The name comes from an old play (later movie) called Gaslight, where a man tries to cover up a crime by driving his wife insane in this way.

Note: on some corners of Tumblr, it has become fashionable to think of questioning The Narrative as a kind of gaslighting. This is an incorrect use of the term, but once someone starts pulling it on you, useful conversation is no longer possible.
>>
>>17262427

Yup, great episode.

That's it, presenting some complete crap and setting up little situations around you to make you believe you're somewhere or something you're not. The only thing to do is walk away and never go back because it's a no-win situation. I know who I am though. I'm just an average guy living an average, easy, carefree life like before.
>>
>>17262463
Sounds like you're in denial about something pretty major
>>
So do you want advice or something
>>
>>17262427

you know it's extremely stressful to think you're in a place that isn't real because you think you'll wake up and everyone you love will not be there.

And some people find any fucking reason to feed on you like an infestation. I understand though, they felt empty and like crap so they needed...something..

celebrity culture is disgusting.
>>
>>17262476

maybe, but that still doesn't excuse it.

one thing i'm not in denial about. i chose to live life the way i did, so i chose everything i went through, and no one is really to blame except me. but i don't have to like it.
>>
>>17262485
You sound insane
>>
>>17262480

no i'm just venting and this seems like a good place to do it. i'm on time anyway.
>>
>>17262497

i'm actually very sane, but don't all insane people say that. who is sane? do we need an insane person so we can call ourselves sane?
>>
>>17262495
The fuck are you talking about? I advise you to see a doctor regarding your schizophrenia
>>
>>17262369
Gaslighting is what crazy people accuse you of doing when you point out that they're crazy.
>>
Thank you for this thread, it has made my penis stronger.
>>
FYI, the term gaslighting comes from a film called Gaslight in which a woman notices the gas lights in her house keep flickering, among other strange things, but her husband insist it's all just her mind playing tricks on her.
Spoiler: it isn't.

Good movie.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.