[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most effective way to talk to your room mate about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1449945177790.jpg (18 KB, 366x354) Image search: [Google]
1449945177790.jpg
18 KB, 366x354
What is the most effective way to talk to your room mate about cleaning up after themselves and to not be a fucking slob.

My other room mate and I have decided this guy has either gotta clean up or fuck off. He's leaving pots+pans in the sink for days and the bathroom sink is full of his damn hair. Not to mention other issues like leaving a broken down car of his in the car port taking up a parking space "cuz he's fixing it".

Obviously I can't get angry, and I don't want to go down to his level and become childish and threaten to tell on him to the land lord.

How do I talk to this guy so he actually cleans up his shit now and in the future?
>>
Hey anon. Is the guy prone to bouts of anger? Any mental illness? Autism?

Its very relevant.
>>
>>17262202
No, he's a chubby little fellow. Haven't seen him get worked up about anything. Regardless, i've got about a foot in height on him anyway.
>>
>>17262137
It only takes one person to ruin a share house.

Kick him out or move out.

He won't change, slobs never learn.
>>
>>17262137
Whose name is on the lease? When is the lease up?
Also, why can't you get angry?
>>
Are you a pussy? Intimidation gets you far in life so threaten him to bulk up or else you're beating his ass.
>>
>>17262536
My family's name is on the lease

I can't get angry because i'll go from "can you please clean up" to "get the fuck out of my house"

>>17262540
How exactly does one intimidate without appearing like a pussy? Have you ever tried to intimidate punk kids? It's impossible.
>>
>"$roommate and I have decided that you should clean up after yourself if you want to keep staying here"
>"Why?"
>"How about you take a look at the bathroom? Do you see any other hair besides yours in the sink? Better get that fixed quickly, nobody likes living in a messy place"
>>
>>17263388
Wait how old is the guy? Is he like some kid to you?
>>
>>17262137
Its hard, ive been in that situation in both ends, he either doesnt realise it bothers you (people have very different tolerances to filth and clutter), he doesnt care, or he has some issues that cause the problem. It's useful to find out what causes it before acting
>>
>>17263798
Yes, this. It's possible the dude suffers from depression (for example), which makes it extremely difficult to get up and get shit done.
That's not an excuse, it's still a problem that needs to be addressed, but you should know what the situation is so you know how to deal with it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.