[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
" the one "
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: pinata-1.jpg (279 KB, 1200x1800) Image search: [Google]
pinata-1.jpg
279 KB, 1200x1800
People always say shit like, "when its the one you will just know it". No one else will matter and etc. Is this a real feeling or are you always bound to be unsure of things?
>>
>>17261379
If it's a real feeling, then I've felt it for about two or three girls in my life.

Honestly though, it's just a feeling we get when we're really attracted to someone. But if you're feeling doubtful, she's probably not the one. That, or you need to figure out what's the problem. Is it them? Or is it you?
>>
>>17261379
mostly bullshit.
>>
Fuck, I know that is the truth, but not what I wanted to hear.

I can't decide if I just get bored and cannot deal with the hard parts of relationships or if they really are just not the person I should be with.

I guess I am the only one who can answer that.
>>
>>17261395
>>17261406

These. There is no such thing as "the one" because people don't stay the same their entire lives. The girl you were madly in love with when she was 20 could be an entirely different person by the time she's 30.

When you find a person who you love, who loves you back, who you trust and who trusts you back, and who you can grow and change with - stick with them. It doesn't mean they're the only person in the world for you, it just means that you're highly compatible. It's rare, but it doesn't just happen once in a lifetime.
>>
>>17261409
Pretty much. But try to figure it out soon, and don't be a dick to her while you do so.

There was this girl I was seeing one summer but I wasn't quite sure about her. I ended up ignoring her once fall classes started, and she ended it once the new year began. She possibly wasn't the one anyway since I started as a rebound, but I still regret what I did.
>>
>>17261379

There's always uncertainty, yeah, but there's an undeniable feeling to it. When I met my fiancé, I was literally thinking about her ALL THE TIME to the point that I couldn't even sleep right until I asked her out. My mind and body were pretty much just like "don't blow this one, we're gonna keep fucking with you until you make this happen"
>>
I already have been a complete dick. I cheated on her with someone else that I developed feelings for. Told her and she broke up with me. But she is still willing to try and fix things. But I don't want to lead her on unless I am serious at this point.

So I probably need to figure this shit out, like now.
>>
>>17261379
Almost 10 years later and I haven't once second guessed this. I just knew, and fuck me if it wasn't a total shock.

I think it is a very rare occurrence though.
>>
I want that rare occurrence though, and hearing that makes me think it is possible. I know shit takes work, but doubting a relationship doesn't seem like a good sign.
>>
>>17261379
It's pretty real. I met my "the one" 6 years ago and even though we've broken up multiple times, we found each other again this year and we're still as in love as ever. We may not actually end up together, we may never get married but soul mates are more than just romantic feelings. It's the truest of friendships and it lasts forever.
>>
>>17261598
I also want a rare experience to work, I want to ride a bicycle naked while jerking off and blowing bubbles. Before that, I want to paint my body entirely red and eat nice chocolate cake.

However, your time is not nigh, young fart. You must master bikeriding before all else, and while I did so, I still must master the art of cake-eating while jerking off.

It causes very painful hiccups at this moment, but I'm learning as I go.
>>
I thought it was complete bullshit really, until I met her. Mostly I knew she was the one because with her I've never had to explain anything, she just gets it.
>>
>>17261736

I also though that I had found "the one" until she cucked me.
>>
its easy to be in love for a little bit, sustaining that feeling is hard work.
>>
>>17261379
i did "just know"
she did not agree
now what?
>>
>>17261438

okay honestly if you cheated on her its ruined. even if you did "fix" things, you cant really fix that. there will be underlying resentment/weirdfeelings/it would either end eventually or you guys wouldn't be happy. I think couples can get through a lot of things, but I don't think cheating is ever a thing any can/should get over. its just forever over for me with that.
>>
I'm pretty new to this shit, in my first "adult" relationship but I find the feeling comes and goes in waves. We've been fighting a little recently and I've certainly doubted myself. But I know I love her, and I know the good times make it worth it.

I guess I don't really trouble myself with thinking about whether she's "the one" because I don't believe in that shit. People change, whoever the 'one' for you at one time may not be in a few years, and you'd be a different person if you were with someone else. I'm happy to have somebody and I know if we're not together in 5 years I'm not going to look back a
>>
>>17261873
You drop her, then you either focus on yourself or find another girl
>>
>>17261886
..and regret it all.
>>
>>17261379

uhm idk I think it depends on a lot of factors..

personally, ive been with my bf for more than a year. I wasn't sure about him at first, but now, I only ever really wanna be with him forever. for me he's the one. I want to marry him & be monogamous with him. we've gotten through a lot of shit together and I love him, and I think we could be in love forever (I hope so). I don't think we'd ever break up with each other unless one of us cheated, which hopefully never happens...

so idk. for me "the one" is just someone I can see myself spending my life with, whereveryhing just kinda fits together, and I can see us growing together.

I have thought this about one other person in my life (I'm 24). if my bf and I ever broke up, I do think I would move on and find someone else who would then be "the one." I think its jjust who you end up spending ur life with, which I feel like in this day and age that doesn't happen for a a lot of peope...usually divorces, etc etc.

good luck to you :)
>>
>>17261896
>You drop her, then you either focus on yourself
done and done

but i will no longer trust anyone who says "you will just know"
>>
>>17261886
indeed, with an adult relationship..things aren't always going to be super smooth. you aren't always going to feel that super intense love you feel some weeks or months or days or whatever. your feelings will kinda float evry once in a while but the main point is that at the end of the day you know you love this person and want to spend forever with them, and no one else.

there is going to be rough times. you get through it. like you said, if I doesn't work out it doesn't work out but plz remember don't let some arguments or hard times tear you apart! if youre strong enough youll get through it.

my bf and I have had ups and downs but we always love each other no matter what and id never cheat on him in any kind of way, and I believe he feels the same way. I don't think anything else could tear us apart because we love each other & we're happy together... I hope it will always be that way
>>
>>17261379
I'd say its a real feeling. But just because someone is the one for you, it does not mean youre the one for them.
>>
File: image.png (129 KB, 186x264) Image search: [Google]
image.png
129 KB, 186x264
>>17261406
>>
>>17261418
Exactly this. That feeling of love at first sight and "the one" is a mixture of lust and hindsight rounding realized lust up to fate. The other cliché is the one who got away. There is no "one," but there are many 0.78s with whom you're sufficiently compatible to round up to 1 with effort, communication, and a little bit of delusion.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.