[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Suicidal Threats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1464498284401.png (766 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1464498284401.png
766 KB, 1280x720
Mom has hit a rough spot again.
It seems the Alcoholism and Deflated Ego has come to a point.

I've consulted her since I was a young teen but it seems it's out of my hands at this point.

I know this isn't really /DIY/ material,
but how would YOU go about helping/treating YOUR Mother whilst knowing that you aren't putting her through unworthy programs or simply not letting her put herself out of misery?

I'm personally looking into a co-dependency program..
but how far should I take this?

I'm worried of making the call to put her into a pill testing box but I also can't let her KO on my watch.

sorry if this is the wrong forum,
just wanted to /diy/ (with help).

p.s. Live in Alaska / Add your Skype if you feel like lending word
>>
Also the cops have already been by tonight so no need to blow it up bigger than it already is.
>>
Definitely doesn't belong in /diy/

R9k has a few guys in there looking to help.

YOU can talk to a counselor to see if they can help you help her if she doesn't want outside help.

It is obviously getting to a point where you feel you have to seek outside help through an american cordless tool shilling forum
>>
>>17260623
>>>/adv/
>>
>>17260625
>american

not everyone here is a fatty fat fat like you cow boy
>>
Not the right forum try /adv/
But I've been there too, the best advice I got was along the lines of "there's professionally trained people for this and then there's you"
Now co-dependency is often a confidence thing, you're taking the "easiest" route to approval & validation by carrying for someone that (in your mind) can only be looked after by you
Build your confidence and self esteem by taking on a DIY project and proving to yourself how awesome you are
See how I brought this to forum topic ;)
>>
Why is she drinking in the first place?
>>
>>17260627
Servers are hosted in Quantico, hence it's American.
>>
>>17260623

Can you move from alaska to a more traditional urban/suburban area on the mainland? I feel that people probably experience a cognitive shift being as far removed from society as alaska.

beyond that, alcohol is a depressant so obviously that contributes to depression, and she may have permanent neurological issues from the drinking based on how long she's been at it.

Here's what I would suggest as a regimen:
1. get her off alcohol for 5 days
2. have her consume a good amount of ibogaine, preferably with an experienced trip sitter. the idea is to have a sort of revelatory ego break that makes her want to change her life. this feeling of motivation usually lasts 6 months or so
3. keep her off alcohol for another week
4. find a hippy psychiatrist who is quick to write scrips and willing to experiment with drug combinations. I would throw a bunch of pills at her and see what sticks. She has depression because she lacks some brain chemicals, and drugs are the only real way to achieve those chemicals
5. in addition to prescribed medication, have her start micro-dosing MDMA. Don't tell her about it so she has less chance of abusing it
6. find an exercise that she likes and have her do it every day
7. have her develop daily rituals like jogging or an hour of reading at the same time every day. people feel more assured and confident when they know what their immediate goals are
8. find something she's good at and have her do that for charity, gives her something to be proud about and shares in with others

If she ever relapses stop giving her the low-dose MDMA. by secretly giving it or withholding it, you can essentially condition her to like being sober more

then taper off the MDMA after a few months if you want and hope the pills and her mindset stick
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.