[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I hate my major.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1460807339529.jpg (85 KB, 633x738) Image search: [Google]
1460807339529.jpg
85 KB, 633x738
I absolutely, whole-heartedly hate it. However, I'm already at the end of my third year out of five, so I don't really want to drop it, especially since my parents would get really angry and I'd be left with nothing.

It's a kinda difficult major that requires a lot of studying and of course I'm a lazy piece of shit. I'm most likely going to fail 3 exams and this itself is not a dead end yet, I can retake them in September, but I'll have to say goodbye to my summer vacations. The problem is, I'm really disturbed seeing how susceptible I'm to stress, I'm practically stepping into the realms of depression thinking about my workload and the possible problems I might encounter related to my exams and other obligatory tasks. It's basically a constant sharp mental pain. I achieved almost nothing, but I still feel worn out.

Needless to mention my life isn't really great, it's rather shitty and I'm emotionally deprived. This kind of shit is just another blow for my fragile self.

What should I do in order to not sink into pits of despair? What mindset should I adopt? How to deal with this shit?
>>
>>17259812
You should seek therapy. Immediately. All of us battle emotional hardship at some point. Many people struggle with mental illness. You are not well. Are you mental? Dunno.. But you are not okay. So you need help. Life does not stop because you need help. It keeps turning. You need to finish your commitment to school. But you need to take care of your brain first. Seek therapy immediately while working toward your degree.
>>
bumpee
>>
>>17259812

Just remember that most people who get degrees get careers that are only slightly related to their major. Just get it over with for now.
>>
>>17259812
change your major. I didn't even pick a major until year 3.
>>
It depends. What major is it? If you've just been taking your gen-eds or cores or whatever you might be able to transfer to another major that you like and not lose too much progress.
>>
>>17261191
It's law. Basically, I have no other choice but to carry on.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.