[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am brain-damaged or just depressed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: 1465834999267.jpg (948 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1465834999267.jpg
948 KB, 1000x1000
I am 6 weeks into a part time work placement in a kitchen. It's nothing major or even taxing, it's just cut some carrots here and wash some plates there for several hours a day. Four weeks from now it """may""" lead to an actual paying part time job. Today I pretended I was sick and called off the rest of the week.

The last week has been pretty shit. I basically got kicked out of the only personal community I've been part of for years, partly because I'm a shitty negative person and partly because a woman being a woman. This situation cannot be amended, because said cunt is now overlord. I can still directly talk with the people that matter regardless. However, being tossed aside so casually by people I've known for years at the behest of one cunt has obviously still affected me alot. I've angry and have lost all desire to do anything again. I just to say "fuck everything fuck you", hide in my cave, lie face down on my bed and never come out.

Right now I seriously just feel like straight up quitting the placement and going back to full neeto. I've always been a lazy shit and had trouble working my whole life, but obviously there will be consequences for doing this. It's actually a decent placement, everyone has been nice and helpful and it's pretty easy. On the other hand, there will be other opportunities in the future, and I don't want to waste peoples time if I don't really want to, but opportunities like these don't pop up everyday. I'm thinking of just stepping back from everything and going through the NHS depression service (ye i'm a britbong) to see if I can finally get my shit together.

wat do?
>>
>>17258913
also I should add; this feels like my last chance to actually make something of myself. I just...don't care.
>>
finish ur work placement bro, youve already spent a few weeks doing it, once you start getting paid if you dont want to do it anymore then fair play. might aswell finish what you started and itll give u something to put on ur cv
>>
>>17259076
You misread. I am a man. She's a massive bitch.
>>
>>17258913
Go back to work. You won't get the position if they think you're unreliable. working in a kitchen isn't a bad entry job, and can easily lead to anything from being a cook to a bartender, maybe even eventually a chef.
If you don't like kitchen work (I know I don't), look around for other jobs with futures. But the key thing is, don't let go of this so easily, because most other comparable jobs are shit and have no opportunity for advancement.
You need to keep moving forward. Consider taking classes and getting a certificate in a viable skill, whether it be computer programming, graphic design, paralegal training, or whatever. If you go NEET, it hurts your career chances and you can kiss any dreams or ambitions you had goodbye.

As for the community, I know how hard that can be, and it sucks, but you need to keep moving forward. Find another organization, whether it be based around a hobby, a cause, or whatever.
>>
>>17259106
You are not a man. You're a whiny bitch.

You want to be a man? Get your shit together and quit crying woe is me about superficial bullshit.
>>
>>17260413
>superficial
>people you are friends with for years stop being friends at the drop of a hat
*tips*
>>
File: 1416491791643.png (53 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1416491791643.png
53 KB, 600x600
>>17258913
yon know I was in the same place you are till I realized something

just because someone dose not like you and forced you out of a community dose not mean its the end

its more like a new beginning you can reinvent your self

think of this as the second chance you always wanted a do over

and in time you will learn when people laugh at you behind your back just shrug and say to your self "fuck em I'm better then that"

I did

I know from personal experience that people are out to stab each other in the back at the first sign of weakness
>>
File: tumblr_m63m2itixz1qa3j7jo1_500.png (517 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m63m2itixz1qa3j7jo1_500.png
517 KB, 500x700
A lot of people misunderstand Karma. They think it means "you get what you deserve," or that somehow it's about good triumphing over evil.

It's not.

It's about decisions and consequences. Where you are now is a result of the decisions you made in the past, where you will be in the future is the result of the decisions you make now.

So, knowing that: what's your decision?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.