[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Secretly treating Bipolar girlfriend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: nervous-breakdown.jpg (14 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
nervous-breakdown.jpg
14 KB, 360x240
Hi guys, I have a girlfriend that i've been with for the past 2 years. I've noticed that we have conflicts atleast 1/4 of the time. many clues have led me to believe that shes borderline bipolar

I never argue with her or try to fight with her. most of the time I'm very lenient towards what she wants, but she still gets very mad over trivial things which leads to us fighting for 1-2 days at a time.

for example in the past month, one time i deleted a nude pic of me on her phone, which made her breakdown in tears, deleting all my pics, and ignoring me for 2 days. her reasoning was i didnt ask for her permission (even though she did the same on my phone before and we didnt think much of it).
another time i was in the kitchen chopping some garlic. apparently i diced the garlic too small, so she grabbed the cutting board from me, dumped everything into the garbage can, and started over by herself. ignored me for the rest of the day.

sometimes i just feel like i can't take it anymore. but i dont want to break up with her either. would it be possible for me to get her bipolar meds and sneak them into her food? I know for sure she would be furious if i suggested she had mental problems and needed meds
>>
ahahaha wtf OP?

Drugging your girlfriend without her knowledge? Not only is that wrong but it is dangerous and likely wouldn't work/be to hard to keep up.

There is an issue between you two that is compromising the relationship. If you can't even communicate about this issue, then the relationship must end.
>>
what should i do then?

talk to her about her possibly being crazy?
>>
>>17258766
yes
phrase it more diplomatically though.
>>
>would it be possible for me to get her bipolar meds and sneak them into her food?
There are so many problems with this and you're so stupid it hurts.
>>
You're not licensed to diagnose your girlfriend as bi-polar. Drugging your girlfriend is a bad idea. If your girlfriend is giving you a hard time, then she probably hates your guts. If you want her to change, then try talking to her about your feelings.
>>
>>17258713
>would it be possible for me to get her bipolar meds and sneak them into her food?
What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>17258713
>sometimes i just feel like i can't take it anymore. but i dont want to break up with her either.
You have a third option. What you are proposing to do is not it.

You'd have to get them on the black market, and you risk going to jail for a very long time if you go through with this.

>I know for sure she would be furious if i suggested she had mental problems and needed meds
No, you do not. Odds are she's been thinking many of the same things. You just need to be careful not to bring it up in the heat of an argument: do it when heads are cooler.
>>
>>17258713
>sometimes i just feel like i can't take it anymore
>but i dont want to break up with her either

Then shut up and stop complaining because no one is forcing you to be with her.
>>
You and your girlfriend have issues. Not medical issues though. Maturity issues.
Let's start with you. What kind of cuck isn't even capable of asking his girlfriends if she has emotional issues and how you can solve them
>I never argue with her or try to fight with her. most of the time I'm very lenient towards what she wants
How about you do confront her and argue when she's being immature. How about not bending over backwards to let her have everything she wants. What a doormat attitude.
>breakdown in tears
>ignoring me
>very mad over trivia things
That's called acting like a child. Doctors and experts agree that this behavior becomes prevalent when the subject is given everything she wants and refuses to communicate meaningfully and in good faith.
tl;dr both of you are children incapable of communicating and solving your problems like adults
>>
There is a possibility that we may be ignoring. The OP may just be a douchebag. My thoughts, since he's only giving his side of the story we really can't verify what really is going on, no second, but most important, HE WANTS TO DRUG HIS GIRLFRIEND. Let's not look at the ethics or legal ramifications this has, but he just wants to randomly slip pills into her food, not know what each pill does, not knowing if they would interact with anything she is already taking or not even knowing if she is allergic to the meds.

Op, seriously, please break up with the girl and never date. You're willing to risk killing someone because you don't want to ask her why she is being emotional.
>>
>>17258713
Okay first off, WHAT. OP, lithium (one of the most common bipolar meds) is toxic without precise dosages and if the dose was off she would have idea why she's having terrible terrible side effects. Also, what the fuck makes you think medicating someone based on a layman's hunch is a good idea in any way. Break up with her and never date again.
>>
>>17259327
>>17259411
>HE WANTS TO DRUG HIS GIRLFRIEND

Seconding this. I am bipolar and on multiple medications, including lithium. Not only can it be toxic (I have to get regular blood tests), but the side effects can be very disruptive. Even in small doses, lithium can cause noticeable cognitive impairment. If you don't like how she's functioning and acting now, just wait until she has short-term memory loss, gets lost while trying to get to familiar places, and completely loses track of time.

Hell, any bipolar med is dangerous. I want to be off this shit ASAP because I may have done permanent damage to my kidneys and liver. You should never, ever take these meds without the supervision of a psychiatrist.

Start analyzing how your own behavior has contributed to the state of the relationship before you start pathologizing your wife.
>>
OP here. Read your replies. So I guess secretly medicating her is off the list. What should I do besides talking to her about being possibly bipolar / bpd and getting help? Are there things I can do besides meds that may help her be more normal?

Also no I'm not a douchebag. I'm always super nice to my girlfriend. Many people say I'm beta for being this way
>>
>>17259473
She's not necessarily bipolar or borderline. It could just be that you're an asshole and she's reacting to your asshole behavior. Seeing as you're the kind of guy who considered drugging her with psychotropic medication, I'm sure she has lots of legitimate reasons to be mad at you.
>>
>>17259494
100% agree with you anon. Assuming that op wasn't just trolling with this whole idea, anyone that comes up with the idea to drug someone into submission is, in fact, an asshole and douchebag. People sometimes get upset for no real reason, and sometimes women get emotional for reasons men don't understand at first. Showing this thread to my wife, her first reaction was, and I quote, "well, I'd cry a lot too if my boyfriend was a scumbag". Alpha, beta doesn't matter, this is something a sociopath would do. I honestly would not put it out of the realm of possibility that when she wants to leave him, there would be a post about whether the basement, attic or shed would be the best place to tie her up to keep her from leaving.

Op, you truly need some serious psychoanalysis before we see your name and photo on the news with you mom saying he was such a quiet boy.
>>
just dump her you fucking retard

how do you people even breathe
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.