[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a place I can go to talk to someone? I've tried
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1409268452880.jpg (353 KB, 1198x889) Image search: [Google]
1409268452880.jpg
353 KB, 1198x889
Is there a place I can go to talk to someone?

I've tried sites like 7cupsoftea but they're not the sort of help I'm looking for. I don't really know what the help I'm looking for is. I guess a psychiatrist but I can't afford that and I don't like the stigma of seeing a psychiatrist.
>>
>>17256628
What do you want to talk about?
>>
>>17256631
I don't know really. I was hoping someone could ask me something to answer that question. I'm sorry if I come off as needy.

It's not that I'm lonely and needing social interaction. I guess it's more of a psychiatric approach more than anything. Nothing makes sense right now
>>
>>17256639
Are you unhappy? Is something wrong in your life or your circumstances? Does something need to be changed that you're unsure how to action?
>>
>>17256628
Have you tried looking up social services for the indigent in your local area?

A lot of churches will also have religious leaders who are willing to talk, though it obviously varies how much time someone like this would be willing to give to you, their sincerity (and ability to help) as well as willingness to deal with a stranger that isn't a member, and religious faith is obviously going to be pointed to as an answer.
>>
>>17256654
All of the above really.

I typed up a pretty big response but decided it was pretty tl;dr so I'll try and make it as concise as possible.

>In shitty situation wherein our house is in danger of foreclosing
>Instead of selling the house as I suggested, out of sentiment, the family decided to hang on to the house
>Through some complicated arrangement we're able to keep the house so long as we make a monthly payment on it
>Part of the arrangement is that my grandpa (the owner of the home) had to have a certain level of income in order to qualify
>His only source of income was his social security checks
>So I'm required to spend $700 basically as rent, which I don't mind since I'm basically a freeloader living their anyways
>Dad was helping me make the payments but his business is failing and he just went through a whole fit of medical issues so I took up paying the rent

>Life purpose is kind of fucked because I set an extremely difficult career goal for myself and I've basically done fuck all
>The general transfer course at the local CC I'm taking was supposed to take 2 years, but I'm going on 3.5 now and I'm on academic probation because my GPA is under a 2.0.
>I was working full time/going to school full time and I just got exhausted from the whole ordeal and skipped a few classes, then it got harder and harder to go back and I ended up missing about a months work of class and evidently failed

>Just sort of sunk into a rut and started falling off this path to self improvement I was on where I was meditating ,reading, exercising, eating healthy, all that shit everyday and just basically lay in bed all day, going to my shitty job and coming home miserable
>Spending a ton of money on unnecessary crap on Amazon, junk food, fast food
>Got health insurance through my job and had planned to get a surgery done on my foot this summer, but with my retarded spending and rent I'm paying now I likely won't be able to afford it

Turns out it's still stupidly long
>>
>>17256680
>tl;dr:
>House is foreclosing, paying rent which is draining income
>School went horrible and I'm on academic probation
>Spending money on worthless crap
>No money left for a surgery I was supposed to get
>>
I'm off to bed. Thanks for listening
>>
>>17256682
Well, the spending of money can be stopped. That's an immediate fix to a problem. Cancel your credit card if need be. You could also simply remove yourself from that living situation - use your money to pay for a small place of your own that doesn't require ridiculous rent and simply not care about the house.

You could also simply pack a bag, leave and hitchhike across the country. Have an adventure and be free. Say fuck it to the world and see where you end up.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.