[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scared
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (164 KB, 857x725) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164 KB, 857x725
I have my transfer orientation in 2 days. Im scared. Im awkward and never know what to say or how to make friends. I always go into loner mode and eat alone, sit alone, and avoid. I wanna act all happy but it feels so fake. I wanna have friends tho. I dont know how to make friends. Help?
>>
>>17256476

you dont have to act happy to make friends.

one of my closest friends met me the day that my ex girlfriend broke into my house, the day after we'd broken up.

by day two he had described me as 'morbid'.

still great friends
>>
>>17256480
The thing is without thinking always try to not say anything that might offend people. Its a bad habit that I started trying to make friends. I realise i just come off as boring.
>>
>>17256496

you are boxing yousrelf in by saying
>i can either be offensive, or i can be boring.

not true. if you make an effort to talk and not to sulk ,you'll be fine.

you dont have to be cheerie happy fun guy.
>>
>>17256501
I guess i should try to not think about it so hard. Because i either do a fake smile thing or get very monotone and quiet.
>>
>>17256501
I also have no idea what to say. I always just say bullshit smalltalk and then thats it.
>>
Remember, everyone has a little fear about social interaction. It just hits some of us a little more. No one in the world is on auto-pilot, and goes through all the emotional experiences that you do. Knowing that has helped me interact with people, and realize I just need to try my best to relax and be myself around them. People who you jive with will want to be your friends.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.