[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Getting a girlfriend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 539x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 539x960
I just can't seem to do it. No matter what I try, I have never had any girl reciprocate feelings with me.
I know that 18 is young and I know that it is quite common for most boys my age to still remain single, but I would like some good, honest advice.
How did any of you find your soulmate? Or even a nice casual relationship that didn't last that long? I think I'm getting a little desperate, and I'll be heading to college soon. I might have better chances there. For those of you wondering, I am not ugly and I'm not obese. I'm decent looking, athletic, 5'9", 190 lbs, and have little to no facial hair.

Thoughts?
>>
>>17256041
you're fucking 18

grow up a bit before you start think about dating. Jesus christ if you're that desperate hire a prostitute.

>i base my self-esteem on how easy i can get a girlfriend

if this is you kys senpai
>>
>>17256055
Thanks. I Guess I'll just give it a few more years then
>>
>>17256041
Focus on becoming a good AND fun person to be around. Get your shit together and make friends, and the gf will be a consequence.

There are shortcuts for shallow relationships and quick fucks but that might make it harder for you to have a serious relationship later on, as the skillset is quite different and, to some extent, incompatible.
>>
>>17256098
Thank you very much. I will make sure to do this now and as I move into college
>>
>I'm not obese.
>5'9", 190 lbs
You may not be clinically obese, but unless you're an athlete with a lot of muscle mass, you're definitely overweight.
>>
>>17256109
I'd only add that you shouldn't be concerned about becoming a fun person for others (that would make you feel insecure), but rather have fun yourself as much as you can and let others join you.

Since you'll be scanned for relationship potential, you can't pretend. It should be a normal part of your life, after your responsibilities are well taken care of.
>>
>>17256114
I've played football for 6 years of high school as a defensive end and I have high muscle mass as a result. I might poor eating habits, but that's it
>>
>>17256116
Ok. I'll try to have fun for myself. I wasn't planning on pretending anyway. I'll be sure to handle responsibilities, and thank you for the advice
>>
>>17256129
It may sound trivial and boring, but you may feel tempted to generate short-term fantasies for quick fucks. I know I was. Doing that often can make it difficult to attract desirable girls for long term relationships.
>>
>>17256137
Alright. Thanks again
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.