[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just want a fucking drink
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: top gun.jpg (6 KB, 248x204) Image search: [Google]
top gun.jpg
6 KB, 248x204
I've been sober from booze for about two months and alls I can think about recently is going to a bar, getting some greasy food, getting a nice buzz and going to the movies.

I have a history of drug and alcohol abuse, this the problem.

What do you think? Should I do it?
>>
>>17253342
that's the only problem*

not sure what happened there.
>>
probably shouldnt
>>
>>17253349
I was hoping you'd say otherwise.

I just want to stop thinking about it, my dude.
>>
>>17253352
i can relate

get another vice that's not as immediately harmful

cigarettes or something
>>
you know, your tolerance bar has been lowered again. two months of sober agony would have you drinking a lot more if you gave in to pressure.
but greasy food? i see no issue to why you should avoid a guilty pleasure.

what did you compensate alcohol with? coffee? cigarettes? sugar?
>>
>>17253384
>but greasy food? i see no issue to why you should avoid a guilty pleasure.

p sure the greasy food is because it slows down the alcohol absorption rate, not really a 'yum hungry kinda thing'. kinda of an alcoholic thing.
>>
>>17253384
I didn't compensate it with anything. Maybe food, a little bit, but nothing extreme like over 3k calories a day

Thing is, alcohol is actually better for me to do if I'm going to do something. I had a pretty bad period of drug addiction that left me in shambles for many years.

I don't know why I just can't stop. I think a part of me just really fucking likes it. When you shoot up, it's literally the best and most intense feeling in the world. It's like nothing matters for that time while you're high, and I'm able to do the things I wouldn't be able to do otherwise. Even when you're in the grips of a binge, the only thing you're thinking about is what's right in front of you; getting dope, getting rigs, getting money, partying etc. tldr it's a blast, even the bad days are in some ways better than good days sober.

but i KNOW it's not worth it. The instability it breeds, the type of people it brings into your life, and the bodily harm it causes massively outweighs the benefits. i KNOW this but i still get so drawn to it. It's like over time my mind remembers all the good times and forgets the soul-crushing times.

I'll hit up a meeting tomorrow or something. i hate AA, I think there is so much wrong with that organization, but I believe in strength through community. Maybe I can make some connections and find some solace in relating to someone with similar experiences.
>>
>>17253438
> alcohol makes me better
but can you control it? also what kind of drunk are you when with friends?

did 3 month sober, drank more coffee than ever before just to save enough for a event. pure agony and the craiving just was unbearable.

that said I dont believe in cutting it all off anymore, ones or twice a week to keep myself happy, but keep binge drinking to when its a party.
>>
Take a drink and go to the movies, don't be a drama queen about it.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.