[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im mildly schitzophrenic and I applied for disability but I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
Im mildly schitzophrenic and I applied for disability but I have been denied. I want to become a truck driver but I hear that you cant be on any medications which make you drowsy and on top of that schitzophrenia is a disqualifying condition. But truck driving seems like the only job I could really do. Im fat and lazy and look like white trash so I probably wouldn't fit in in an office. And I really cant do much physical labor because Im too fat. So what should I do?
>>
You're diagnosed right? How the fuck did you get denied with schizophrenia.

If that's the case take it as a sign to be thankful. If you're denied disability the government is basically saying 'we don't think you're hopeless'. Schizophrenia is fucking horrible and comorbid with not-as-bad things like depression. So instead of giving up and going for the most isolating career you can find, fight it. Don't isolate yourself and don't settle for mediocrity.
>>
You should follow your objectives and try your best.

Not trying would be worse.
>>
>>17252602
I really think truck driving is the only thing I can do. I suck at talking to people. Im shy and socially awkward and pretty white trashy and im fat. Really I think its the only carreer I could get into where people wouldn't be judging me because Im soo quiet and I look like white trash and don't have any marketable skills.
>>
I look trashy because I used to be an alcoholic but I have stopped drinking. It did a number on my skin as well as my brain. I have lines in my face and im fairly young only 31 its from my exposed pores Which alcohol opened up and I have acne scarring . So im not pretty to look at and on top of that im fat so I doubt jobs with face to face interaction would hold much hope for me.
>>
>>17252602
They can deny you if the condition occurred after your 21st birthday. I figure this is why there are so many homeless schizophrenics.
>>
>>17252602
you know and I think I should go with my strengths which are I like being alone and I like driving.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.