[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is being addicted to sugar really any better than being addicted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (637 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
637 KB, 1920x1080
Is being addicted to sugar really any better than being addicted to alcohol?
>>
Not even a little. Alcohol takes a bigger toll on those around you, but sugar will kill you way faster and in arguably worse ways.
>>
>>17251012
>but sugar will kill you way faster and in arguably worse ways

We're talking decades here, right?
>>
Alcohol is sugar.
>>
I always compare it to being addicted to nicotine (minus the passive smoking part). It's a coping mechanism that people are depending on to deal with stress or life in general. Both will kill you, smoking makes you smell bad and sugar/food makes you fat, both users will be out of shape.
Alcohol is more destructive and impacts you more in day to day life.
Why are you asking?
>>
Man I think every other drug is easier to quit than sugar. I really really have a sugar problem since I was a kid. I partly blame my parents for buying us all the junk food because they had no idea about healthy eating habits. But I still consume way more than I should, when I don't eat sugar I become anorexic because I don't crave other food. Sounds so lame and immature, but it's fucking true. I just don't want to get diabetes in future.

Stupid ass sugar
>>
>>17251086
You're basically like my sister. She eats chocolate and candy and maybe 1 normal meal per day. If she tries to quit sugar she basically stops eating. It's pretty fucked up and very bad for your health even if you're skinny.
>>
>>17251094
It's especially bad when you're skinny. I hope you help your sister to take at least some vitamin supplements if she doesn't eat. How old is she by the way?
Because even when you're skinny you can get diabetes really easily if you continue that eating habit, not to mention the feeling of getting weak and having no energy at all.
>>
>>17251102
She's 23, we live together so I make sure that she eats one proper meal every day and I make sure that it has the most important nutrients and vitamins in it. I also got her to switch to diet red bull (and only one can per day instead of 3....) which isn't great either but at least reduces the sugar intake. She's also had success with homemade smoothies, but she still eats chocolate every other day basically.
>>
>>17251116
Nice to hear some siblings still help one another :)
>>
>>17251121
We're very close, all 3 of us actually. It's common sense for me to look out for and help my sisters.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.