[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would it make me a terrible person if i broke up with my gf of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: tmp_9419-Cover-1117840577.jpg (365 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
tmp_9419-Cover-1117840577.jpg
365 KB, 1200x1200
Would it make me a terrible person if i broke up with my gf of two years just because i miss being single and I'm kind of bored of the relationship?
>>
Not really. If you don't intend to marry her/comit at some point, she's better off the sooner rather then later.
>>
>>17250234
not at all, just don't you dare fucking post a thread on here 2 months later pining for your ex gf
>>
Only if you didn't address the reasons why you're bored of the relationship first.
>>
To clarify, I've just been thinking about this lately, and if i could make this decision without any consideration of her feelings and ties that I've made with her family, i would choose to not be with her. I don't think I'd be too much happier overall though, so I don't know if me becoming slightly more happy is worth the amount of pain that she would experience. I get that i should talk to her about how i feel but there aren't really any specific problems that i can think of
>>
>>17250237
That was the original plan though, neither of us are the type to just fuck around, so this was supposed to be a long term relationship. I just don't know if I want that anymore
>>
>>17250234
Not as terrible of a partner as you would be if you stayed with her feeling like this.

I would never want to be lead on and kept in a relationship by someone who doesn't even want to be with me.
>>
>>17250276
How am i spposed to deal with this though? When we're together I'm happy, but when i go to work or I'm away from her for whatever reason i feel like a fog has lifted from my head and i can't help but thinking about breaking up
>>
>>17250284
Talk to her about this. You can either find a solution and work together to make changes that will help you not feel these feelings anymore, or you can maturely break it off if that's not possible.
>>
>>17250295
Fuuuuuuuuuck i don't like my options. I hate upsetting people and she's so clingy (which i don't mind) that i know she's going to be destroyed if i even mention this, even worse if i actually break up with her
>>
>>17250304
There's really no way to go about this without both of you being hurt, but you have to think about what is right for both of you in the long term.

(Also you're kind of making me paranoid because I've been with my bf for 2 years and he sometimes comes here. Initials?)
>>
>>17250308
S.H
>>
She wants to be with you long term, you do not. No amount of "talking things through" is going to make you fall back in love with her, in fact that would just make things worse by giving her a reason to be paranoid. Every day you're with her now is one more day of wasted time for the both of you. Getting out of a relationship you don't want to be in doesn't make you a bad person, but leading someone on indefinitely does.
>>
>>17250313
Thank fucking god (if you're telling the truth) These threads still get to me though.

Best of luck to you anon. You'll both get through this.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.