[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When calling a suicide hotline, are there things I should avoid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_ny7a1oYUi61srb4rjo1_500.jpg (94 KB, 438x503) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny7a1oYUi61srb4rjo1_500.jpg
94 KB, 438x503
When calling a suicide hotline, are there things I should avoid saying or doing?

I was told there are cases in which they'd call the police if you're vulnerable of actually trying something, but I'm running out of options.
>>
Why are you against the police being called? They're not going to take you to jail, all they'll do is force you to go to a hospital to get a psych evaluation.

If you're really having thoughts of suicide then you need help.
>>
>>17250052
Something just sounds very unpleasant about it, having to go through all that trouble and all.
Isn't it possible to 'fail' the evaluations, meaning in worst case scenarios, you could even be detained?
>>
Why are you concerned about what you should or should not say? If you're feeling like complete shit just be honest and express how you feel.
>>
>>17250094
As stated above, I was told there are case in which they'd call the police. I do not want to have to be put into a mental hospital (if it is true that they do that), mostly because I do not want to panic my family.
>>
>>17250136
>i dont want to get better so my family wont stress
>>
There's no one thing I can think of aside from making it clear suicide isn't immediately imminent.

>>17250420
>>17250094
>>17250052
Stop being a fucking retard or just stop.
>>
>>17250041
Prank called the kids help phone many times as a kid many times. They usually don't do anything unless you do something really bad
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.