[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I into getting my life together?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1375512494420.jpg (62 KB, 437x437) Image search: [Google]
1375512494420.jpg
62 KB, 437x437
I want to get my life back on track and stop being a lazy, procrastinating, apathetic piece of shit who's only hobbies are fapping, vidya and eating fast food.

I always plan and get excited for the next day when I'll finally get out of bed when my alarm goes off and do all the shit I should be doing and getting shit done. But I never do. It's like I'm so conditioned to being a lazy piece of shit that the concept of actually doing things is altogether foreign to me.

I just lay in my room all day accomplishing nothing and feeling guilty.

I'm not sure what I'm asking here exactly. I know the obvious answer is "just do it" but I can seem to make myself do that. Just hoping to hear some advice from fellow anons who may have been in the same circumstance before and what they did to get out of their rut and get their shit together
>>
>>17249855
Depends. How old are you?
>>
>>17249933
I'm 23

I made a really good effort when I was about 20 to change things. Unfortunate events kind of caused me to wane off the path and eventually settle into being lazy again
>>
Little things.

Maybe you have depression or anxiety that is stopping you? Take steps to address that with CBT- try reading a book like Feeling Good by David M Burns. It's a self-help type thing, but probably the best one.
>>
>>17249946
I'll check that book out, thanks.

I always shrugged off "depression". I always viewed it as self diagnosis at it's worst and people just making things up for attention. Then I learned that depression isn't feeling "sad" it's just feeling nothing. Which is how I feel and generally lethargic and unmotivated towards most things. I don't know if I have full blown depression, but I definitely feel the lethargy.
>>
>>17250014
That book helps a lot with controlling your attitude and emotions, basically. I recommend it all the time and I think it's lessons are applicable to even mentally healthy people.
It has homework though and it only works if you do it.

Best of luck.
>>
Maybe depression, but you could also try giving yourself little goals that don't require much and try to do those. I had a bad situation and that really helped, like I woke up and thought "today I will take out the trash" etc. Now, I just woke up today and I can't wait to do some studying for my future and I want to do a lot of reading too today. Get me? Little things :)
>>
>>17250191
That's a good point. My approach in the past has always been to do a lot all at once. I always kinda guilt trip myself because I feel that I should be able to handle doing all these things at once, but maybe it is overwhelming and I should take it easier.
>>
>>17249855
I kind of envy this lifestyle just a tiny bit. I want to still have time to play as much vidya as I want but in my current situation I just cant until I leave the parents home. All the advice I can provide is to literally just do it. Whatever you have set your sights on just do it even if you feel demotivated. You might feel like shit at first but once you get going little by little you will find yourself advancing. Good luck anon.
>>
File: 1421779949777.gif (2 MB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
1421779949777.gif
2 MB, 320x213
>>17250399
Yeah, that's sort of the place I'm in right now. Content with my situation, but a longing for being able to grow and do something more important.

I had the realization that I've basically lived in the basement of my parent's house for the past 10 years and haven't actually lived or done anything. I've made half ass plans and strides to improve but nothing ever came to fruition. Just looking for something to click together, but I know the answer is simply just doing like you said. It's hard though because I don't have an ounce of self control or willpower.

Trying to do a nofap and stick to doing a few daily tasks everyday but even that has been too much to bear and I've barely gotten started on any of it.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.