[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good, Sick and Tired
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: gFVgvgU.gif (1 MB, 535x250) Image search: [Google]
gFVgvgU.gif
1 MB, 535x250
so, I consider myself to be intelligent enough, even though i have a bit peculiar thought patterns.
The thing is, however, that I can't get myself to study. Like, never ever. It's not like I dislike studying itself, it's bearable, but just starting the process of learning is a nigh imposibble for me.
Anyone else has this problem? Any solutions?
Also, general "Complain about life without expecting some kind of solution" thread.
>>
For someone who considers himself to be 'intelligent' you sure are asking a fucking dumb question.
>>
>>17247912
well, it's for the sake of starting this thread going. Asking people if they like studying isn't even a real question, I think.
So, how hard is it for you to start studying, my criticising friend?
>>
File: clap clap.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
clap clap.gif
1 MB, 320x240
(btw. I just adore the type of human that, when asked a very basic question, first points out how stupid the question is, and only after that, if ever, answers it. Just my luck 4chan is filled with that kind of obnoxious kids)
>>
>>17247912
People who consider themselves intelligent usually aren't.
>>
>>17247948
Pretty easy, I still study for fun sometimes to practice the basics.

I think your opinion of yourself is a bit too high.
>>
>>17247974
>>17247977
hmm, maybe. then again, nothing to gain from thinking i'm a dumbass (as well as thinking of yourself as inteliigent person). Anyway, my point was about managing to start studying.
Me being either a genius or an idiot isn't really relevant.
>>
This board really doesn't get a lot of traffic, does it?
>>
File: image%3A403455.gif (763 KB, 360x202) Image search: [Google]
image%3A403455.gif
763 KB, 360x202
>>17248204
Anon, my guess that the first thing about studying is being interested.
It may be either "i should get my stem degree to escape poverty" or "wow, look how amazing gyroscopes are".
Or both.
Just learn stuff about what you like, be it art, sociology, finance, wildlife, rocket science anything.

I have problems with studying because i whine on 4chan how single i am or learn stuff i don't get exams for.

We have wikipedia, coursera, khan and gigantic online libraries i can't understand people who don't want to succumb all that information.
>>
>>17247906

Ability to focus is part of intelligence. Inability to do so is a mental disorder - AD(H)D.

Draw some conclusions.
>>
File: 1418322420780.jpg (61 KB, 460x396) Image search: [Google]
1418322420780.jpg
61 KB, 460x396
>>17248299
well, I do am talking about learning things i don't gove rat's ass about.
Then again, I do have to escape poverty XD
Gee, reality is shitty.
>>17248312
I can stay focused after I actually start studying for about 1.5hr
and Jesus, all of you people are so fucking sensitive about whether someone says he's intelligent! Ok then, i'm a fucking retard, and you all are smarter than me, oh boy do I wish I could be as smart as you.
Can we forego all dumb "hey, but only idiots say they're not idiots" and "lol OP is dumb because xyz" posts from now on?
>>
>>17248361

Sure, we can forego it, but people who say they can make studying fun are usually full of shit. It's a grind, and you gotta grind.

>>17248299

Is right, but it's only fun while you are learning basics. To really understand complex topics, you have to do footwork and build base knowledge of boring shit - back2thegrind.
>>
Damn Reality, the shittiest RPG ever.
>>
>>17248361
If you have to learn things you aren't even remotely interested in you're either at high school/lower or pursuing wrong career.
Yeah, every college program has boring subjects, but you know what? ditch them and concentrate on what you like.
If you do have skills people won't give a fuck about anything else.

Yeah, having good gpa may look better for many too, but you're above that.

>>17248366
Actually it can work for complex stuff too. It may have less childish glee and more about digging into the secrets of universe, beauty of structure.
Don't know about law and arts, but stem and foreign languages are fascinating when you dive into them.
I am one of those weirdos who find math equations beatiful tho.
>>
>>17248361
Dude you started a question with stating that you thought yourself to be intelligent, for no reason at all. You could have asked the question without flexing, flexing guys are usually not liked.
I don't understand how someone as intelligent as you couldn't have figured out that being an asshole = not getting you question answered.
>>
>>17248383

>Don't know about law and arts, but stem and foreign languages are fascinating when you dive into them.

How many foreign languages do you actually speak? It's a fucking grind unless you are living in the country and speaking it at forced social settings (i.e. school).
>>
>>17248396
Well, it may be tedious sometimes, but calling it a grind is too pessimistic.

It can be enjoyable, you can read your favourite media in foreign language, it also make it serve purpose and when you do things for a reason it doesn't feel like grinding, idk why.

Sorry, my complain was in word choice, it is not really relevant.

>Maybe i'm lazy and have short attention span for boring stuff i have some issues
>>
>>17247906
>le smart but lazy meme
Get on the dole.
>>
>>17248385
that wasn't my intention though. I think that people that have trouble remembering/learning would quite obviously have aversity to learning, so i just wanted to point out i do manage alright in that department. Also, I'd like to point out Intelligent!= Intelligent enough. same as wealthy!=well off.
>>17248427
yeah, didn't want to say something so overused, but it does hit close to home. Who isn't lazy (human equals lazy, imho) and smart (cause you really have to be impaired not to be smart/at least good in some aspect), tho?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.