[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the easiest way to get someone to hang out with you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: kgelmjkkods2dybfaaw1.png (188 KB, 866x904) Image search: [Google]
kgelmjkkods2dybfaaw1.png
188 KB, 866x904
What is the easiest way to get someone to hang out with you?

Context, I've been living alone in a new city/state for 6 months now and have gone to churches, bars, rock climbing gyms, meetups of online groups, and ton of other shit, so don't suggest that. Every time I have an actual conversation with someone, especially women, I end up making super good friends with them. The thing is, I haven't had that happen with anyone except 2 people so far (one is newly married and can't hang out ever because netflix and chill 24/7, and the other was college/military dude that got deployed after graduation). With that, I still have zero friends here. At work, they just started this thing with new college hires (I still count in that regard although I'm pretty much everyone else's senior by a year or two) so I have a decent handful of acquaintances there. Thing is, I work in a restricted area filled with really old people so I only ever see the other young people I want to make friends with for more than a minute or two a week. I need a good line that will almost guaranteed get someone interested in hanging out with me. Has to be about three sentences or less.

I'm just really not sure how to communicate that I desperately want to hang out with someone without coming off as completely desperate (because admitting to being desperate has NOT worked ever before).
>>
bumpalumpagus
>>
>>17247264
Try "abracadabra". It's as likely to work as any other magic three sentences that will win you friends!
>>
>>17247268
Not what I was asking for, but thanks anyway. Honestly, I should know better than to expect legitimate replies for anything other than a post about sex or dating on /adv/.
>>
>>17247060
Do you shower everyday?
>>
>>17247060
Talk to someone a lot
Find a common shared interest
Ask to do that common shared interest outside of work/whatever
>>
>>17247275
Basically this
I'm in almost the same boat after my two best friends moved fucking far away. We still try to meet half way with one of them, and I chat with the other, but it kinda sucks

All my other friends are married or even have kids so they don't hang all that much, but there's more of them so eh...

Anyway, I found all these people through a game of all things. They're mostly nerds and some are even weird, but they are interesting and even up for traveling to random places
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.