[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /adv/ I have an interview scheduled with this restaurant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
hey /adv/ I have an interview scheduled with this restaurant called "the melt shop" soon

Ive never done an interview before or had a job so what are some cues I should take to really woo them over and get hired?

pic related
>>
>>17246231
Talk about how it gets you off to provide great service (but in different words). For an entry-level job, if they're interviewing you there's a good chance they plan on hiring you.
>>
>>17246309
cool

should I act overly enthusiastic or would that make me look like an aspie
>>
comment on how you like the area
any history you can look up online is good
if you can look up who is interviewing you to get an idea of interest is good, maybe sports team they like, but only bring up those teams if you really like them
Try and relate anything you've done itn eh past to the job, like if you're going to clean at work, maybe talk about the chores you've done at home, if you're going to cook talk about how much you like to cook at home
>>
>>17246231
Keep in mind that the person interviewing you is the manager of a melt shop. You'll need to use simple and direct language. Be friendly and polite. If he likes you, you will get the job.
>>
>>17246231
1. Show up.
2. Be breathing

At this level they don't demand much more. Once you're hired, add these

3. Show up on time every day.
4. Listen to all instructions. Ask questions if there is ANYTHING you don't understand.
5. Accept that you'll almost certainly screw something up in your first few days. Don't kill yourself, but do make sure you learn so you don't do it again.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.